View Single Post
Old 07.25.2007, 01:59 AM   #17
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
it's kind of weird to think that they wouldn't prefer to go multitrack, if you ask me.

I don't mind multitrack. I just think that they should spend more time on the album and more time jamming together.

Kim:
"We started last summer working on some songs here [in Western Massachusetts] in our basement," says Gordon. "Then in the fall, everyone was really busy, so we actually didn't get back together until late November or early December."
"Because our daughters have school and it's just such a hassle going down to New York all the time, we can really only go on the weekends, we kind of ... Steve came up here and worked out stuff for the second half of the record" she continues. "Then basically, Lee just figured out his parts later, in overdubs. So kind of by December we had started recording, or January."

http://www.popmatters.com/music/inte...h-060612.shtml

I wish i didn't read that part in the interview because I think it kind of ruined RR for me. In my imagination SY were sitting together for weeks making some sonic landscapes and out of that the songs appeared.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|