View Single Post
Old 10.01.2009, 12:47 PM   #34
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysonichaircut
evol and sister are great, as i said, and Blastic Scene, Hold That Tiger, Live At The Continental Club, The Walls Have Ears are charming, but not what anyone would call a good live record.

I have to beg to differ and agree with rappard, i would call the above recordings, "good"... you must consider other things than just the most pristine quality recordings made on the most hi-end of equipment, it will ultimately dissappoint you as once you feel you've heard the so-called perfect "live" record there will be another and then another and another and so on... imo, there is no such thing as an ultra perfect pristine live recording i don't care who its by.

There is something especially charming about hearing those live 80's recordings of SY, those listed above are some of the best recordings of the band and disputedly some of the best out of any "indie/underground" band of that time. I like the mystery of a non perfectly sounding live recording to a certain degree (of course!).

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|