Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 08.21.2013, 09:36 AM   #11
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know if this is what you mean, but in this show the women are either completely unlikeable (skylar-- blech) or invisible (e.g. jesse's girlfriend w/ the kid, i can't even remember her name). i like the new character though, smart/neurotic/hypersensitive/ultracompetent.

erm, no thats not what i meant.

being unlikeable is ok - also kudos again for acting and directing.
being invisible could be a problem, since we didnt have any strong presence of women anyway in the series, but still didnt mean that.
it was about how the characters, relationships were presented. how she, his wife was letting herself be patronized by him, as we were in the 50s or smth, how when she started to take over, did it with manipulating ways, and worse of all how his character was all about the complex 'im the man of the family, i have to provide for my family' shit. *

i havent watched the new season to know about the new female character you said.

* i m not saying that such personalities shouldnt exactly be presented on telly, but a little smth that this isnt ok should had been added.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|