Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 08.21.2013, 01:10 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Skylar was/is hardly a passive character. And the only reason people dislike her is cos she actually says what she wants. The "I fucked Ted" line says it all. People hardly mention Walt being a total dick. With him he's usually described as a 'total badass' or whatever.

And how are the women unrelenting bitches?

i think nefeli is right in that skylar is passive in accepting walt's bullshit/ role in the family/her boss's scamming/ OR being manipulative rather than, i don't know, using direct confrontation and giving him an ass-kicking him and setting him straight? the klepto sister also took all kinds of bullshit from the cripple while she was helping him. god damn, cripple or not, she should have slapped the fucker for being a fucking ingrate, at the same time that she was caring for him. passive.

to me, the "bitch" part of skyler is not about her "saying what she wants", it's that she's COLD. she actually DOESN"T do what she wants, she plays along with walt's bullshit (which is probably what nefeli doesn't like about her?). and maybe it's my own background here, but i expect a lot more human warmth from a partner, even when she's kicking my ass (metaphorically of course) and setting me straight; or if/when she's an accomplice. and i'm not talking about now that things are as they are in this final season, but from the beginning, since before walt got sick, she appeared cold/dismissive-- like a serious version of ray romano's wife. maybe it's cultural, but she's fucking COLD.

not that walt is a jewel either-- he's another cold psycho motherfucker. before he became "badass" he was a loser weasel and hank used to push him around, remember? and hank is an insufferable dick.

anyway, tl;dr, they are all horrible, their relationships are horrible, and they all deserve to die.

--
edit/ps-
funny enough, mike calls lydia a "crazy bitch" at some point, but i like her (e.g., the thing she says about her kid when mike visits.. trying not to spoil it here for others but you know what i mean yeah?)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|