Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 08.21.2013, 11:16 PM   #16
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
There was an article I read about a year ago about the hatred for women of bad characters. This perhaps is the flip side to my earlier post about the male anti-hero/criminal and the whole wish-fulfillment that Walter brings. How the audience hates female characters that don't support the criminal male character. Skylar White was the main focus of the article. As the audience we need to care about Walt, we need to care if he lives, or achieves his goals, anyone who is there to be a block from achieving Walt's goals is seen as the enemy. In the early seasons that was Skylar. Skylar's journey is from the wife worried about the health of her husband, to becoming a woman who is actually looking ahead to Walt dying of cancer. I suppose her biggest crime is that she seems to want the money that Walt has made from his criminal actions, as opposed to if she were to say, "Fuck you and your money." She didn't see Walt's change and say what Hank said, which was "Who the hell are you?" This is not the man I married.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|