View Single Post
Old 04.07.2019, 08:38 PM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Yikes!!

I agree with you on many things musical, but on this, we will have to agree to disagree.

So, you think that The Eternal was an adequate way to cap a career that kicked off in earnest with Bad Moon Rising, contained three of the most influential and adventurous trilogies of albums of the past 40 years and, up until the end, was operating on all cylinders with the perfect Murray Street, the very-near-perfect Sonic Nurse and the band *finally* succeeding in creating a marketable noise-pop record that was neither too avant-garde nor too traditional on Rather Ripped?

The Eternal? Really?

I would have preferred the end with a balls-out, epic noise-punk squall. Instead they ended with the least essential album they ever made.

But again, it’s SY, so it’s still good stuff, but I wish it had ended differently.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|