View Single Post
Old 01.24.2011, 04:33 PM   #53
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
didn't seem like a 'television event'. i thought the songs cooked too, they clearly enjoy playing them. i wonder if a DVD will come out, as these sessions often do...

hot damn, this was one of the best sonic youth performances I have seen in years! I hadn't had the privilege of seeings the Eternal live, in fact it was the first album in a decade I hadn't seen live on the relative tour to support near release.. I am glad I caught this Austin City Limits.. I liked the Eternal but I hadn't fully understood its energy, its flavor, its particular nuances until I heard these tunes live on this gig. Damn! I was blown away.. that is a phenomonal album, and live it is on a sonic nurse level, but I think the addition of a bass and getting back to the 3 guitar format is what gives these kind of live capabilities, the 3 guitars can build and layer better at these soundscape jam breaks that were so exceptional on the Sonic Nurse tour..

why didn't anyone tell me before?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|