View Single Post
Old 10.23.2023, 11:13 AM   #29
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I started college the end of August. I have 2 professors that I do not like, at all!

My effective composition professor has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen. He uses "um" and "uh" more than any other word and can barely string a sentence together. Normally I would be more patient, but this man proceeds to get all pissy when we ask questions and when we have no clue what is going on in the class. We will ask for an answer to a question when we answer it wring, and then says something having nothing to do with the question itself. he will just ramble on about some other bullshit. He likes to pick fights with students too, always looking for an opportunity to say someone is wrong. He has been a professor for 30 years, and graduated from HARVARD?!?! I don't know how he hasn't lost his tenor, they must be really desperate for professors. This man needs to retire.

The other professor is my First Year Seminar professor. It's a mandatory class sadly. His assignments are too vague, and he told us what to include in an essay the class before it was due, when half of the class already had it done and submitted. We had 1 to 1 meetings on one of the class days, and all of us were reporting back to everyone else in the class because we all don't like him. He told me that he was disappointed in me because I'm failing the class, and he gave me a whole dad lecture. He laughed in another girl's face when she had a 79%, and saying how sad it was to have that grade. Saying that 1 93% was a bad grade. On top of that, all of the men in the class didn't get NEARLY the same shit all the women/afab people got. One of them had a 67% in tha class and he just said to keep going to class and get all other assignments in to him, and that was that.

So yeah, that's my college experience so far. Also trying to find a drum kit I can use as a non-music major and it's proving to be difficult. My other classes I really like though, and I think I'm a bit happier in college than I am at home just working.

hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|