View Single Post
Old 02.22.2019, 06:01 AM   #5952
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
The whole concept of retirement makes me so angry because it's only available to a very select a group of people who have a very select set of variables available to them. I'm working until I die without any doubt. and I hope I die relatively young because of that. I also haven't had health insurance aside from a total sham masquerading as health insurance since sometime in the mid-90s. And the total sham only lasted about six months. people acting like they get to retire and thinking it's some kind of normal thing that everyone has a right to just makes me so angry. I work incredibly hard and I'm going to work incredibly hard until I die.
i dont know your numbers and don’t wanna pry or know but a roth IRA lets you sock away up to 5500 a year that grows tax-free(more when youre over 50), but you can deposit less.... for the self employed there’s also the SEP IRA and others options... yes it’s not a pension (what a dream) but would cover you over social security and you can stat withdrawing at 59.5. yes it’s not magic but it’s savings and anything helps.

i know for a small business owner it can be feast or famine (o i know well ha ha haaaaa... for me it was mostly famine) but doesn’t have to be a huge mess, there are times when money comes.

eta: this book helped me a lot back then. yes it won’t make you rich but helps to organize things: https://www.amazon.com/Money-Book-Fr.../dp/0307453669
might be a bit old now...

curious about health insurance though. did obamacare get too expensive? did your state not expand medicaid? what happens if you don’t make enough? are there not local options? can you insure just for catastrophic with high deductibles? (the catastrophic option went away in my state when obamacare kicked in). this worries me...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|