View Single Post
Old 05.25.2020, 04:49 PM   #8209
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
It happens with so much music: The Smiths, Springsteen... I'm sure some slave owners dug the songs of pain their "properties" were singing. Homophobes dancing to Cole Porter. Racists rockin' to electric Chicago blues. The disconnection is and has been staggering.

Oh man, don't get me started on Bruce Springsteen fans. It's the same with Neil Young fans. You ever see that clip where he was playing with CSN and they did a song called flip flop live which was a song about how useless W. Bush is (oh those glory days). So many fans were storming out of the gig shouting at the cameras how they'll never listen to Neil Young's music ever again. I mean, you guys have followed his career pretty closely, right? Why would him coming out as being against Bush be a surprise?

But yeah, back to the point of not understanding how you can be totally on the opposite end of what sonic youth have always preached and be ok with it. I can't ever imagine wanting to listen to Nazi punk.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|