View Single Post
Old 01.13.2010, 11:10 AM   #6
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatfree
By the way, I noticed that Thurston had an old tape recorder propped up on top of a Fender amp (you can see it in the 2nd photo of mine above). What does he use this for? Did he circuit-bend it and runs the signal path through it?

check the gearography, it says:

"Fender Deluxe Reverb amp (for radio + contact mic thru Walco Signal Booster)
Thurston runs the radio into the 'Normal' channel of the Deluxe Reverb, and the contact mic thru a Walco Signal Booster into the 'Vibrato' channel. The footswitch is presumably a Vibrato/Reverb?"

but i bet he is also using the tape player on that radio...

i did not see any of the daydream nation shows but from the bootlegged recordings that i've heard especially on "Providence" its possible he's manipulating a tape recording of the mike watt phone message over another recording of the piano and noise bit??? not sure though it doesn't sound like a straight up version on the album

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|