View Single Post
Old 11.06.2006, 05:38 AM   #44
ted_kennedy
bad moon rising

ted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
duh great idea. Let a band that has somehow managed to make the guitar sound amazing for more then a dozen albums and well into their 40's mess with the formula just to grab some radiohead-iconography.

This is just illogical to me. Of course they should mess with the formula. I hate bands that stick with the same formula (e.g. Oasis). I think thats why I like early SY cos u had SY EP, Sister, Evol, Whitey, DDN and all of them sounded VERY different. I recognise that the newer albums arent all the same, but they arent all that different either.

And I didnt want to get into this and turn this thread into a referendum on Kid A, but that album is DEFINITELY innovative. I remember the week it was coming out, every mainstream newspaper and mag was gearing up to make radiohead the next U2. Then the album came out and there was no chance of that. One of the most innovative records in modern times. I still listen to it.
ted_kennedy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|