View Single Post
Old 01.19.2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
It's problematic because I think it was an interesting and novel approach to things (quite a long time ago now). It's the problem where the concept was always more interesting than the record itself. Like his Dolly Parton one or the massive collage of the Dead's Dark Star - brilliant ideas, but the recordings didn't measure up to the concept. Funnily enough, the only people I know who like Plunderphonics are either not really music fans (if you know what I mean) or visual artists. That's great, really, but... yeah, I'm happy enough with Cage's Williams mix and being sneeringly derisive like a prize cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|