View Single Post
Old 12.18.2013, 04:57 PM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Sound advice from T&B and GD, although personally I'd be reluctant to recommend Canning Town. It's the point where the East End (interesting cultural and economic mix, central, great social scene) becomes East London (poor, big ethnic tensions, depressing atmosphere, crime ridden). East End/Tower Hamlets would be ideal for what I think you're looking for but avoid anything east of Stratford or Canning Town (basically Newham and Barking).

And beware of estate agents giving bad areas new names. Plaistow is now being sold as Stratford East. You know a place is fucked when it needs to associate with Stratford to look better.
I mentioned Canning Town after reading on a paper that it's up and coming for buying/renting flats and because it's not too far from here. Yes, it does look depressing and the station reminds me of a place you'd rather take a plane from and fly away.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|