Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page protest in england for student fees in universities
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.11.2010, 10:29 AM   #221
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
you are an utter fucking moron.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 10:31 AM   #222
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
i also like your point about how we should deny people university education in order to make our populace purposefully less intelligent, less educated and with less training and qualifications, because we need things like cab drivers and janitors. this is definitely not the stupidest point anyone has ever made in the history of the board, but it is up there.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:31 AM   #223
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Because if I break my leg today there is no one to fix it?

+ again, there are other ways of creating a more intelligent society without university. Required high school reading being Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted world, as opposed to Harry Potter or Great Expectations would be a good start. Taking god out of biology/science classes would be an even better one.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:31 AM   #224
kinn
the destroyed room

i hope i don't blow your mind here - but you know what happens if we don't train MORE doctors, like constantly...
Old 12.11.2010, 10:33 AM   #225
kinn
the destroyed room

arguing WITH you makes me a moron. because as i've said before you have no points to make except being contrary for the sake of it. and the kind of crap you are spouting now is on about the same level of a child who has discovered variations on the phrase "but no, i think!". it's not just the fact that anyone is taking what you say seriously that makes us all embarrassing, it's the fact that i am still here even typing this.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:35 AM   #226
kinn
the destroyed room

oh i see you've made an edit to pretend you have a point and save face.

yes. all we need is for high schoolers to read carl sagan and they will go on to perform apendectomies and triple bypasses through the sheer power of their lack of a faith in god.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:37 AM   #227
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinn
i hope i don't blow your mind here - but you know what happens if we don't train MORE doctors, like constantly...

oh, I suddenly realize there is a shortage of people studying medicine, except I don't because there isn't.

"Moron" is the individual that attacks someone else because they don't see eye to eye. If the world was full of people like you, we'd all be fucked.

"a person is smart, people are stupid".
Old 12.11.2010, 10:38 AM   #228
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

yes. all we need is for high schoolers to read carl sagan and they will go on to perform apendectomies and triple bypasses through the sheer power of their lack of a faith in god.
Hahahahaha.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 10:39 AM   #229
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

But, people are already performing these sorts of surgeries. There is absolutely NO need for it to be free in order for everyone else to learn how to as well.

Personally, I'd rather not learn how to. This isn't to say I'd not like to know how to, but I'd rather be doing what I'm already doing. It's served me well.

Esp. those that waste their time when they lack the mental ability to learn such a trade..shit, heaven forbid everyone have to waste money on folks that think they can go on to be a doctor just because there parents told 'em they could be anything they wanted.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:45 AM   #230
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Why do you not perform open surgery on yourself following the instructions you can easily find on Wikipedia?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 10:48 AM   #231
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The sort of people who wait tables, who man gas stations - they can have educations too. Education shouldn't be directed solely at the next generation of CEOs. Everyone I know doing waiting and 'gas' station type jobs has a degree. One of them likes his job in the 'gas' station because it gives him time to work on music. One lass I know is working on a book and waiting because it requires minimal effort on her part (and she's quite attractive, so does well out of tax-free tips). I think it's preposterous to say that doing a 'menial' job somehow prohibits you from studying, or from being able to benefit from study. For myself, I can't say education is likely to furnish me with a lucrative career, but the benefit it's brought to me personally is the difference between a life of drudgery and a life of drudgery with an appreciation for books and art. University does serve the market, certainly, and the pro-Doctors (etc) argument is a part of it, but that shouldn't be the totality of education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 10:50 AM   #232
kinn
the destroyed room

is there anyone on this message board who believes swa has made one actual point and there is any content to his argumentation whatsoever? anyone? if needs be i'll refute what he said. i just don't see this as likely because i don't think there is anyone dumb enough here to think he is actually saying anything. seriously, is there anyone who doesn't see an idiot being contrary over and over again? anyone? is there anyone that is going to keep doing this with him? if you haven't worked it out now you'll get it eventually.

this is like when you ask a toddler can you have the tv remote control back. and they look at you and grin and laugh guilty. and you say "i can see you have the control" in a playful voice. and they laugh and say "no!" as if they can fool you. and you step closer and ask again and they say "no!" each time. and they are still saying "no!" and laughing after you've pulled it out of their hands and walked away.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:51 AM   #233
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Haha...OK.

I'm going to bed. I worked all night and really don't have time for this shit. Look forward to continuing this later.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:53 AM   #234
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The sort of people who wait tables, who man gas stations - they can have educations too. Education shouldn't be directed solely at the next generation of CEOs. Everyone I know doing waiting and 'gas' station type jobs has a degree. One of them likes his job in the 'gas' station because it gives him time to work on music. One lass I know is working on a book and waiting because it requires minimal effort on her part (and she's quite attractive, so does well out of tax-free tips). I think it's preposterous to say that doing a 'menial' job somehow prohibits you from studying, or from being able to benefit from study. For myself, I can't say education is likely to furnish me with a lucrative career, but the benefit it's brought to me personally is the difference between a life of drudgery and a life of drudgery with an appreciation for books and art. University does serve the market, certainly, and the pro-Doctors (etc) argument is a part of it, but that shouldn't be the totality of education.

A minial job doesn't prevent one from studying if this is what they wish to do, but spending money on shit that really isn't necessary does cause those with menial jobs to struggle a little bit more.
Old 12.11.2010, 10:56 AM   #235
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

OK...I'm all for free university, BUT ONLY if those that make below a certain amount aren't seeing any money taken out of their paychecks.

Feel better guys?
Old 12.11.2010, 10:59 AM   #236
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
A minial job doesn't prevent one from studying if this is what they wish to do, but spending money on shit that really isn't necessary does cause those with menial jobs to struggle a little bit more.

No. No no no no no no no no. No.

It causes people to be more engaged with the world.
It causes people to challenge their understanding.
It causes people to expand their horizons.
It causes people to have access to a society of people from outside of their norm.
It causes people to realise that there's more to this world than shit jobs.
It causes people, if they're lucky, to realise that the world is much more beautiful than economic wealth.
It gives people self-belief and confidence.
It causes people in poverty (hello) to have a framework to break out of strict economic terms.

It sometimes causes people to be annoying turds, but they'd be annoying turds anyway.

Honestly, if education is just another aspect of the free market then no-one should be studying and I'll be voting to have the Nazis in. If your frame of reference is that narrow then - and I mean this quite seriously - please kill yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2010, 11:02 AM   #237
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
No. No no no no no no no no. No.

It causes people to be more engaged with the world.
It causes people to challenge their understanding.
It causes people to expand their horizons.
It causes people to have access to a society of people from outside of their norm.
It causes people to realise that there's more to this world than shit jobs.
It causes people, if they're lucky, to realise that the world is much more beautiful than economic wealth.
It gives people self-belief and confidence.
It causes people in poverty (hello) to have a framework to break out of strict economic terms.

It sometimes causes people to be annoying turds, but they'd be annoying turds anyway.

Honestly, if education is just another aspect of the free market then no-one should be studying and I'll be voting to have the Nazis in. If your frame of reference is that narrow then - and I mean this quite seriously - please kill yourself.

Ignorance is thinking that only free university can achieve all of this. Everything you've mentioned, every bit of it, should be rather elementary...you know, like elementary school (and of course, middle and high school as well). < all "free" by your definition of the word.
Old 12.11.2010, 11:11 AM   #238
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

These days, if you consider yrself "liberal" it's necessary to wish suicide/death upon anyone you may disagree with. Hitler thought kinda like that.

I'm so fucking glad I'm not a part of that world.
Old 12.11.2010, 11:11 AM   #239
kinn
the destroyed room

well it isn't elementary. and elementary schools can never do these things, let alone train kids in things like neuroscience, pharmacology and advanced computing.

and the people that teach these subjects need paid. so they can live. and so they don't go off to some other country that can pay them more and allow them things like food and housing and resources like computers and chemicals and laboratories and lecturers. you utter fucking moron.
Old 12.11.2010, 11:14 AM   #240
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
well it isn't elementary. and elementary schools can never do these things, let alone train kids in things like neuroscience, pharmacology and advanced computing.

and the people that teach these subjects need paid. so they can live. and so they don't go off to some other country that can pay them more and allow them things like food and housing and resources like computers and chemicals and laboratories and lecturers. you utter fucking moron.

Yes, they "need paid". Hopefully you learned that at whatever university you went to. Here, people DO get paid for whatever they study taken there is a demand for it. Fuck some asshole that thinks he needs to go to college for the sole purpose of becoming more intelligent.
91011 12 131415 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth