Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Getting Up Late for Work
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.08.2012, 09:23 AM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i'm going to leave you with this wonderful book cover.

which i highly recommend

Love that book! Didn't Quentin Crisp master the art of being late so gracefully?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2012, 09:27 AM   #22
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I forgot to mention that this thread should be read and replied to while listening to a soundtrack that Nefeli kindly provided.

Dis STRK: https://soundcloud.com/jamiebull/beneaththestreets
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2012, 09:36 AM   #23
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
^ yay.
and i should read Quentin Crisp, or probably paint him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I got asked a couple of times how I find the time to be creative outside of work. I find the time because it's precisely something I don't view as work, it's moments when I feel really happy about doing anything, I still wouldn't want it to be a full time thing though. The idea of full time creativity doesn't cut it with me because I am alright feeling anonymous without feeling like I am struggling artist. The friction I get from withdrawals makes me more driven and hateful of certain lifestyles.

people who ask that question, cant understand that these things are what keep you sane. i mean thats how i viewed it. also its not just having fun, it is a need. you need to do these things. im certain you feel the same.

if i knew, or felt that i was a big talent, i might let myself be tempted to say fuck it all, i ll try my luck with art.
bt nevermind that.

there is also the belief that when you are an artist with day job, the hard time you have to find time to do your art, is what makes it sweet and worth it and that it might play some role for you making good art.
i understand this, but i m not sure if its true. it might vary, depending on the person.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2012, 11:13 AM   #24
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I am punctual almost to the point of obsession. I don't even need an alarm, and can typically wake up by the minute that I'm supposed to.

sharing a car with pregnant lady ruins all of this. prying her from a warm bed, making sure she's dressed and ready, and beating traffic is a near-daily trial.

Quote:
I got asked a couple of times how I find the time to be creative outside of work. I find the time because it's precisely something I don't view as work, it's moments when I feel really happy about doing anything, I still wouldn't want it to be a full time thing though.

this is something that I wish I could pattern. I simply cannot find the time to do art, make mixes, or do anything really beyond work, dinner, excercise, and the quiet decline of the day with my wife and Dr. Who. it's 10pm most days before I'm allowed a sigh of relief.

I want to paint and I want to make mixes.

I could do that now, but I'm off to clean dishes, and go for a long walk. bah.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2012, 11:18 AM   #25
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Death, i m afraid i am a beard hunter after all.
i was looking at pics of Jim Morrison ( as you know i am the female him) and the moment i saw some with longer hair and beard, i got all excited.

yeah, i hate waking up late for work.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2012, 11:55 AM   #26
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How do you feel about it? I haven't been late for work in a while. When I have, it's always been a mess and risked the sack, which was fun. If you have stories about oversleeping share them here.

I overslept quite a bit and then I realized that I have a problem. I went for a sleep study and realized that I have sleep apnea. It was probably the biggest problem in my life for a long time.
Old 12.09.2012, 04:36 PM   #27
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ I'm an awful person when it comes to waking up. I too....like to wake up in stages. I'm normally around 4 7-minute snoozes...heh...

Actually...Peltor. I think yer right when you say "Waking up a minute before the alarm goes off is my indicator that I'm getting proper rest". When I just work, I am very on time with my sleeping schedule...but once something(school for example) comes into play and my time is really being eaten up by stuffs, then waking up is the hardest thing to do for me...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2012, 04:38 PM   #28
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I tried that, once upon a time ago, and found it a cruel tease.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth