Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Moving house again
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2007, 05:07 AM   #41
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i also remember when my dad decided to throw out all the old tickets and other memorabelia i had collected from gigs etc. it went back years and years and was irreplacable.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2007, 05:20 AM   #42
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Dads definitely aren't hoarders.
Old 02.01.2007, 05:21 AM   #43
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i think every cinema ticket i had since i was six was there and he slung the lot.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 02.01.2007, 05:38 AM   #44
jon boy
invito al cielo

thats true it did lighten the load on my room which was quite packed with junk but still...

i always say whenever i am going to cleanup that i will be ruthless and throw out anything i dont need but always end up keeping it on the off chance i might need it haha. plus i always find some old letter or book i thought i lost and end up reading it in the middle of all the junk.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 02.02.2007, 11:36 AM   #45
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
aww shit, that really sucks porkie, i have moved before but never under such shittly circumstances as yrself, just when you've made yr little palace yr own you gotta up sticks and fuck off somewhere else. i will be moving soon but i'ts back to my home house with me Daddie! fun times maybe but i've had to lay down some ground rules before i do (i.e if i come in bug-eyed at 7.30 sunday morning keep the questions to minimum as i am fucked off my head)... i feel for ya brother, keep the chin up.
Old 02.03.2007, 01:59 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
dear porkie,

we just moved to a new bigger house. a big kitchen, lots of space, and studios for everyone. if you want a vacation in the middle of nowhere, i mean the asshole of the world, i mean a dump of a town, i mean a fucking desert, you are welcome to crash with us until you sort yourself out.

i mean, it worked for her, could work for you maybe...

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2007, 02:11 PM   #47
jon boy
invito al cielo

shit kar thats bad news when will you know for sure that they are going to do it?

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 02.04.2007, 02:19 PM   #48
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Poor Kegfamily.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2007, 02:25 PM   #49
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
So I think by posting in this thread Porky somehow jinxed me. I got a call tonight from our fucking landlords and they are planning to list our house this week. I am beyond depressed and totally sick with stress over it. Another god damn house being sold out from under us! This will be the third time we've had to move in five years. I am seriously an emotional wreck.

My credit is shit. I have no savings. I feel like I have to stay local at least through the end of the school year for Kellian. I can't take renting anymore, but I don't think I will ever qualify to buy a home in Cali. Starting homes around here are like $500,000- 1/2 a Million for a shitty little track home with no yard. This isn't just about having to move, it seriously fucks up a lot of what I had planned for the more immediate future.

Not to mention we are like perfect tenants. We always fix up the places we are in, I keep my house really nice. We keep the yard watered and mowed, plant flowers, paint, never call landlords for anything, always fix shit ourselves, etc.

Aaaaaahhhhhh! And the damn alcohol is not helping like it's supposed to either.

I'm sorry to hear that,honey.Especially because you also have kids which must make it really hard.I can say i'm stressed and all that but it would be nothing compared to what it is to move a whole family out of a place.I hope things are going to turn out nicely and the kids are ok.I have everything mostly packed now and i'm moving next Saturday.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2007, 03:21 PM   #50
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Our landlord is currently threatening to evict us on the premise of having a rotting-molding-raccoon infested couch sitting on the back porch + owning 2 baby kitties more than are allowed by the lease + a raccoon infested ceiling + a kicked-in front door. I guess most of that's my fault, but the raccoons chose ME. Cute little buggers they are tho.
I've been moving around about 2-3 times a year for the past 5 years. Provided I get the job I'm currently applying for I'll be moving back to Japan in July. After that I think I'll try to stay put for a few years.
Old 02.04.2007, 07:00 PM   #51
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be living in my two-room student flat for a year or so, but after that I might move to a bed sit. One good thing about renting an apartment from a student housing company is the certain stableness of it, i.e. It's not likely to have dodgy landlords and there's a maintenance service.

I can only imagine the pain of those with thousands of records. most of my CDs are still in a large cardboard box and the rest spread around the floor and the desk. It's not a big hassle to move em around.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 08:01 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So I think by posting in this thread Porky somehow jinxed me. I got a call tonight from our fucking landlords and they are planning to list our house this week. I am beyond depressed and totally sick with stress over it. Another god damn house being sold out from under us! This will be the third time we've had to move in five years. I am seriously an emotional wreck.

My credit is shit. I have no savings. I feel like I have to stay local at least through the end of the school year for Kellian. I can't take renting anymore, but I don't think I will ever qualify to buy a home in Cali. Starting homes around here are like $500,000- 1/2 a Million for a shitty little track home with no yard. This isn't just about having to move, it seriously fucks up a lot of what I had planned for the more immediate future.

Not to mention we are like perfect tenants. We always fix up the places we are in, I keep my house really nice. We keep the yard watered and mowed, plant flowers, paint, never call landlords for anything, always fix shit ourselves, etc.

Aaaaaahhhhhh! And the damn alcohol is not helping like it's supposed to either.

ow, fuck!! so sorry...

i wish i could offer some help or something but obviously i don't know crap about housing in hellay so... hmphhh....
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2007, 01:12 AM   #53
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I hope that works out for you guys!!
Old 02.06.2007, 04:46 AM   #54
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Thanks again guys for being cool and showing concern. I appreciate the PM's and stuff too.

So get this... Within 24-hrs of us getting that news, we were at grocery store and we ran into our old neighbor who is about to move out of the house he owns, and he is most likely going to rent it to us! I don't want to go into too much becuz I'm meeting with him on Wednesday to discuss details and sign paperwork, BUT this played out so strangely, it just seems like total fate...

It is a 4-bedroom, 2-bath house, with a fucking pool & spa! Total upgrade, but $150 more p/mo then I'm paying now. It will be tight, but if this works out we will be there in a couple of weeks. Is that insanely good karma (*knock on wood*) or what?! Cross your fingers for me, I think your well wishes have totally helped...

awww deadly!!!

fingers crossed for you Mama, hope it all goes well, i was well gutted when i read yr first post but i'm made up for you now. All over to yr's for the pool party then!
Old 02.13.2007, 05:44 AM   #55
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Are you comfortable in your new home pork? Did your records arrive safely, and have you invited the neighbors for tea and scones yet?

Ps: No, I'm not trying to stalk you. Just inquisitive, that's all.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 05:55 AM   #56
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Well,thank you.I'm not staying there for now,though.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 05:58 AM   #57
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
If Jane's and my shed wasn't so full of junk right now, I'd say you could live in there. You could be just like Henry Rollins!
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:16 AM   #58
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Porkmarras, will you post a video of yourself moving heavy boxes while you sweat uncontrollably and your rippling muscles undulate wildly? Please only wear a tank top and cutoff jean shorts with combat boots pleeze!

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:22 AM   #59
jon boy
invito al cielo

i am moving house again wwwwoooooo.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 02.13.2007, 06:28 AM   #60
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i am moving house again wwwwoooooo.
Where from (I've lost track of where you are) and where to?
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth