Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Jason Bourne, the Bourne Ultimatum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2007, 08:00 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I don't have rabies. That is the way I act when I am angry and whenever I feel like acting that way. I really have to motivate myself to be nice on here. As long as you can understand that, I've got no problems. In all honesty I don't feel as offended when people call me retard as I do by the sort of things you said, so it is difficult for me when you claim the opposite (is that what you are doing?) Maybe "offended" isn't the right word because I suppose I could have ignored it and went on my way, but I also don't want to start using phrases like "you ruffled my feathers" either.

ok if i can have your permission to dish out the crap in return, then you can get angry at me whenever you like and i won't take offense. i just didn't want to start dishing out the crap to you but eh, i can take you off the hm whats the word-- well whatever the word is. chosen people. ha ha ha. yeah. something. see i get angry but i dont get angry the same way with everyone. i cut some people some slack, i treat people differently. i discriminate. but if you want to be an equal opportunity bitch i understand-- different political systems. it will be awkward for me but i can get used to it i guess.

--
ps- tithead
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 07:47 AM   #42
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

--
ps- tithead

I like this already.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2007, 01:54 PM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I like this already.

yes, i can tell how much you like it!

that was quite affectionate. thank you.
Old 08.15.2007, 02:44 PM   #44
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
That would have taken me probably a year to put together.

But then, I'm guessing you used something other than MS Paint.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 08.15.2007, 02:59 PM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
That would have taken me probably a year to put together.

But then, I'm guessing you used something other than MS Paint.

ha! i used no such thing. i used nicfit inc. best in the business.

hmmm... i wonder if i should make that my signature...
Old 12.25.2007, 08:03 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oy, so i watched this movie yesterday.

now i can say with all certainty that IT SUCKED.

great production, sure-- but the story? typical hollywood crapola: heros, villains, all stereotyped, and you know how everything is going to end, who is going to win, blah blah blah.

it started with some pretty exciting action no doubt, but about halfway through this thing i was BORED with the action, action, action-- ok, we get it, he can kill with a book, but how many times do you have to see this, really, before it becomes all repetitive and inconsequential? none of the action develops the character really-- he's the same frikkin superman from beginning to end.

yes i know, action movies are supposed to entertain, but really, i only got entertained for the first half-- the second half i wondered is this shit ending already?

now, a couple of procedural questions:

1) how come the whole world is after jason bourne and yet he parades himself through airports & train terminals without even the hint of a disguise? does nobody recognize him?

2) how come the runaway chick only needs a hair dye job in order to get away from the baddest motherfuckers on earth? super-dye!

3) how come when they know he's going to tangiers from spain nobody bothers to check the ferries? duh??

etc. i would ask for my money back but i borrowed this from somebody else's netflix.

cartoon heroes. cartoon villains. yawn.
Old 12.25.2007, 08:16 PM   #47
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
!@#$%!, I think you can say whatever you want, don't listen to them. If you think a movie is going to suck, by god, tell the world!

(rep points, maybe?)
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2007, 08:25 PM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
!@#$%!, I think you can say whatever you want, don't listen to them. If you think a movie is going to suck, by god, tell the world!

(rep points, maybe?)

ha ha. i knew it was going to suck. i knew it in my bones. i was right.
Old 12.25.2007, 08:35 PM   #49
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I liked it.

Every see Gerry? Now THERE was a MD movie that sucked. Why does everyone think Gus Van Cantdirectamovie is so great anyways?
Old 12.25.2007, 08:36 PM   #50
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Yeah the new movie kicked ass. The camera work can get annoying though.
Old 12.26.2007, 06:05 PM   #51
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
About The Bourne Ultimatum, I haven't seen it, so get your stones haha ready.

As an aside, I'll add that it's highly unlikely that I will see it on dvd. More probable is that I'll wait until its on the premium cable channels and even then, I'm not sure if I'll watch the whole thing considering I haven't seen either of the two previous movies in their entirety. Then again, I think I might enjoy the Bourne movies because I respect highly some other work (Bloody Sunday, United 93) by the director, Paul Greengrass.

About the shakiness of the camera in the action scenes: Again, I haven't seen the movie, but I'm fairly sure Greengrass delivers some great action scenes. Although, on the big screen things tend to blurr too much with too much herky-jerky camera movement.

Concerning the quarrel in this thread between !@#$%! and luxinterior, my comments follow.
Judgement is never all that pretty, but, let's face it, it's a fact of life, and, in this case, it's not like the life or death of an individual is being argued; it's just a movie.

Pre-judgement is even more ugly for its prejudicial suppostion, but then again, in a case such as this it's not like anyone has an infinite amount of time to explore every single media entertainment option. For that reason I feel that luxinterior's argument is a bit overwrought since it is such an obvious point to pick at and this same point gets picked at over and over again repeatedly.
It doesn't seem to me that !@#$%! stated anything that others haven't stated before about action movies in general.

Then again, luxinterior probably has a good point to make considering that, like she maintains, this isn't your ordinary action movie and !@#$%! kept doggedly insisting that it is just like any other action movie in all regards. Again, I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies (although, I tried to get into the first one one time when it was on HBO and never stuck with it), but I bet they are pretty good action movies.

At any rate, I'm glad to read with the bumps that you two patched up your differences somewhat on this matter. I found the whole brouhaha rather tragicomical.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2007, 06:09 PM   #52
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
About The Bourne Ultimatum, I haven't seen it, so get your stones haha ready. As an aside, I'll add that it's highly unlikely that I will see it on dvd. More probable is that I'll wait until its on the premium cable channels and even then, I'm not sure if I'll watch the whole thing considering that both of the previous two movies reamin unveiwed in their entirety. Then again, I think I might enjoy the Bourne movies because I respect highly some other work (Bloody Sunday, United 93) by the director, Paul Greengrass.

About the shakiness of the camera in the action scenes: Again, I haven't seen the movie, but I'm sure Greengrass delivers. Although, on the big screen things tend to blurr too much with too much herky-jerky camera movement.

Concerning the quarrel in this thread between !@#$%! and luxinterior, my comments follow.
Judgement is never all that pretty, but, let's face it, it's a fact of life and in this case, it's not like the life or death of an indivisual is being argued; it's just a movie.
Pre-judgement is even more ugly for its prejudicial suppostion, but then again, in a case such as this it's not like people have an infinite amount of time to explore every media entertainment option. For that reason I feel that luxinterior's argument is a bit overwrought since it is such an obvious point to pick at and this same point gets picked at over and over again repeatedly.
It doesn't seem to me that !@#$%! stated anything that others haven't stated before about action movies in general.
Then again, luxinterior probably has a good point to make considering that, like she maintains, this isn't your ordinary action movie. Again, I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies (although, I tried to get into the first one one time when it was on HBO and never stuck with it), but I bet they are pretty good action movies.

At any rate, I'm glad to read with the bumps that you two patched up your differences on this tragicomical matter somewhat.

Wow, who died and made you my high school guidance councilor?
Old 12.26.2007, 06:18 PM   #53
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe something inside of yourself died. Maybe you've never lived. Who knows? haha

I'll condense it for you, afterthefact.
My message is really very simple: Watch Bloody Sunday and United 93.

About The Bourne Ultimatum, I haven't seen it, so get your stones haha ready.

As an aside, I'll add that it's highly unlikely that I will see it on dvd. More probable is that I'll wait until its on the premium cable channels and even then, I'm not sure if I'll watch the whole thing considering I haven't seen either of the two previous movies in their entirety. Then again, I think I might enjoy the Bourne movies because I respect highly some other work (Bloody Sunday, United 93) by the director of the last two installments, Paul Greengrass.

About the shakiness of the camera in the action scenes: Again, I haven't seen the movie, but I'm fairly sure Greengrass delivers some great action scenes. Although, on the big screen things tend to blurr too much with too much herky-jerky camera movement.

Judgement is never all that pretty, but, let's face it, it's a fact of life, and, in this case, it's not like the life or death of an individual is being argued; it's just a movie.

Pre-judgement is even more ugly for its prejudicial suppostion, but then again, in a case such as this it's not like anyone has an infinite amount of time to explore every single media entertainment option. For that reason I feel that luxinterior's argument is a bit overwrought since it is such an obvious point to pick at and this same point gets picked at over and over again repeatedly.
It doesn't seem to me that !@#$%! stated anything that others haven't stated many times before about action movies in general. His posts are filled with bile-laded vitriol that may have helped drive the debate, but the sardonic cynicism he expresses is not devoid of some level of comic relief as well.

Then again, luxinterior probably has a good point to make considering that, like she maintains, this isn't your ordinary action movie and !@#$%! kept doggedly insisting that it is just like any other action movie in all regards. In addition, I agree that not all movies have to be filmic masterpieces to be sufficiently entertaining and satisfactorily enjoyed. Again, I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies (although, I tried to get into the first one (not directed by Greengrass) when it was on HBO and never stuck with it), but I would bet they are pretty good action movies.

At any rate, I'm glad to read with the bumps that you two patched up your differences somewhat on this matter. I found the whole brouhaha rather tragicomical.
Old 12.26.2007, 07:28 PM   #54
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Maybe something inside of yourself died. Maybe you've never lived. Who knows? haha

Funny story, my high school guidance councilor told me the same thing. "Haha" included.
Old 12.26.2007, 08:01 PM   #55
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Funny story, my high school guidance councilor told me the same thing. "Haha" included.

You've got "high school" on the brain it seems. Well, no surprise there.

You have a smiley face besides your original post and I wrote "haha." What's the difference? Why the persistent petty comments despite the signals of and "haha?"

Warning: Contains information that may be of an educational haha nature to afterthefact.
Furthermore, you're a resident of Kentucky and therefore I do believe you actually must be referring to a "counselor." A "councilor" is a member of a council.
Old 12.27.2007, 12:55 AM   #56
luxinterior
invito al cielo

I got my mom Ultimatum for Christmas, along with some other stuff that she already knew she was getting. But the movie was a surprise, she had no idea it was even out yet. Anyway she loved it, so that was nice. Haven't sat down to watch it again though, been at my Dad's since Christmas afternoon. I was just thinking about the part in the movie with Bourne purchasing those two cell phones, etc, and how I normally hate (HATE) seeing cell phones used in movies, because nearly every time it happens I get the feeling that they're directing our attention to the cell phone itself and how hip and cool it is. But I actually really liked how they did that scene in particular, making them look like just another throwaway gadget, easily replaced, blah blah blah, while still using them to advance the plot of the movie. I thought that was clever. It is the only time in recent memory where cell phone use in a movie hasn't made me cringe.

I wish I had time to watch it tonight...but I will probably just put in Blade Runner again and fall asleep. I got that four-disc set for Christmas from my brother. I also got Harry Potter 5 (thanks Mom! even though the deleted scenes are worthless) and The Ruling Class (which I had refused to buy for myself, it being the Criterion release). Then I went to Target and bought Rescue Dawn. I also bought Superbad for my brother (which I started to watch with him, until I realized I didn't want to see it again) and Trapped in the Closet Ch. 13-22 for my other brother. He freaked out. It was awesome. I bought somewhere around 10 or 12 movies for my dad and stepmom. Movies are really the only thing that I am decent at picking out for other people. Judging by their reactions at least.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 12.27.2007, 12:51 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Then I went to Target and bought Rescue Dawn.

I've been on a Werner Herzog kick lately.

If you liked Rescue Dawn check out Little Dieter Needs to Fly, a documentary on the actual Dieter whats his name--. The pilot. Dengler. It's actually available for instant watching on Netflix.

The cellphones in the story are burners. I have one. Check out The Wire for some serious cellphone action-- start w/ season 1-- best TV show EVER.
Old 12.27.2007, 06:12 PM   #58
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
You've got "high school" on the brain it seems. Well, no surprise there.

You have a smiley face besides your original post and I wrote "haha." What's the difference? Why the persistent petty comments despite the signals of and "haha?"

Warning: Contains information that may be of an educational haha nature to afterthefact.
Furthermore, you're a resident of Kentucky and therefore I do believe you actually must be referring to a "counselor." A "councilor" is a member of a council.

The only mistake you have made here is that you assumed I was telling the truth and actually went to school, instead of making it up in an attempt to cover this fact up. (Oops, I ended my sentence in a preposition...)
Old 12.27.2007, 06:21 PM   #59
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:

If you liked Rescue Dawn check out Little Dieter Needs to Fly, a documentary on the actual Dieter whats his name--. The pilot. Dengler. It's actually available for instant watching on Netflix.

Cool.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=1224
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
It (Rescue Dawn) is great. (It's) Probably the best film of the year. And (it's) probably Bale's best performance too. Although that says a lot, it still doesn't say as much as noting that it's not very often a war-inspired picture comes out and ranks among the very best ever made in the genre. And, of course, it's a true story to boot. Check out Herzog's 1997 documentary, Little Dieter Needs to Fly.

I'm interested in reading luxinterior's opinion of Rescue Dawn.
Old 12.27.2007, 08:49 PM   #60
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:

I have watched it. Actually I own it. Remember those box sets they put out? The Herzog one and then Herzog/Kinski. Only it wasn't in that order, I don't think. I have them both now.

Still need to watch Rescue Dawn though. I normally don't purchase movies before seeing them but it was there in the store and I had to wonder how much longer they would have it. I have passed on buying movies at Target only to come back the next week and find them gone. So I didn't want that to happen. Also, it's like, how bad can it be? I'm not expecting it to be the best thing ever, but I'm not expecting it to be the opposite of that either.

- Sebastian Bach

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth