Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Before the ship sinks.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.14.2008, 02:44 PM   #41
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
I think I wanna move to Austin, Texas.... lots of people aged 18-24, more live music venues per capita than any other US city, and the town motto is "keep it weird".

im also considering Chicago, and NYC.... I dont know about LA... and I could have free room and board with my uncle/cousins in Montreal, but I dont know if I wanna live with family... also, its fricking cold up there

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 02:54 PM   #42
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Cons--you'll miss all the fun. The apocalypse is going to be a great big street party, man!
Old 01.14.2008, 03:06 PM   #43
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Do it, but try and not do London first. Although you'll probably love London, it's not really England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 03:08 PM   #44
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
I think I wanna move to Austin, Texas.... lots of people aged 18-24, more live music venues per capita than any other US city, and the town motto is "keep it weird".

im also considering Chicago, and NYC.... I dont know about LA... and I could have free room and board with my uncle/cousins in Montreal, but I dont know if I wanna live with family... also, its fricking cold up there

Isn't Austin Texas really dangerous?? I'd move to California or Chicago if i were you.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 03:11 PM   #45
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'm thinking about moving to the UK before the United States completely sinks. Pros? Cons?

whether or not, you praise Selassie I babylon your walls will collapse
whether or not, you praise King Emmanuel I Babylon me know your heart will stop...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 03:12 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
whether or not, you praise Selassie I Babylon your heart will stop
whether or not, said you praise Emmanuel I babylon you know your walls will collapse

Went to see the captain, strangest I could find,
Laid my proposition down, laid it on the line.
I wont slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels,
But I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools.

Ship of fools on a cruel sea, ship of fools sail away from me.
It was later than I thought when I first believed you,
Now I cannot share your laughter, ship of fools.

Saw your first ship sink and drown, from rockin of the boat,
And all that could not sink or swim was just left there to float.
I wont leave you drifting down, but woh it makes me wild,
With thirty years upon my head to have you call me child.

The bottles stand as empty, as they were filled before.
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more.
Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few:
Dont lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.

It was later than I thought, when I first believed you,

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 03:13 PM   #47
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
Isn't Austin Texas really dangerous?? I'd move to California or Chicago if i were you.

i havent heard anything about it being dangerous... maybe i should check up on that...

Old 01.14.2008, 03:16 PM   #48
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I'd wager the south side of Chicago would pretty much obliterate any neighborhood in Austin.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 03:25 PM   #49
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the town motto is "keep it weird".

thanks for posting my #1 pet peeve.

if you need to make a motto stating you are weird....you AREN'T.

for example: make a shirt that says "I'm cool" and see how many people think you are. weirdness has to be given, it can't be claimed.

Austin stopped being weird many years ago and they are trying desperately to get it back.

PS: 6th St. is full of gangbangers now.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 03:32 PM   #50
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
just a little intermission to say that I keep on reading this thread's title as "before the hip skins".
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 03:57 PM   #51
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
thanks for posting my #1 pet peeve.

if you need to make a motto stating you are weird....you AREN'T.

for example: make a shirt that says "I'm cool" and see how many people think you are. weirdness has to be given, it can't be claimed.

Austin stopped being weird many years ago and they are trying desperately to get it back.

PS: 6th St. is full of gangbangers now.

haha, actually, I would love an 'Im cool' shirt... good to know about Austin losing its weirdness though... damn, i wanted to believe it because they will at least have warmer weather there... now if i want to live in a cool city thats warm most of the year...its LA or bust?

Old 01.14.2008, 04:14 PM   #52
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
haha, actually, I would love an 'Im cool' shirt... good to know about Austin losing its weirdness though... damn, i wanted to believe it because they will at least have warmer weather there... now if i want to live in a cool city thats warm most of the year...its LA or bust?

L.A. well if you like spending most of your day in cars, then yes. Also if you like meeting wannabe celebs go for it.
Old 01.14.2008, 04:28 PM   #53
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
my boyfriend insists that if we ever have any children that they should be raised back in the UK
so, if you're reading this john: SUCK IT. my kids are going to be raised in new york.

show him this and he'll have to suck it for sure:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6359363.stm

kids are doomed there!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 04:30 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
my boyfriend insists that if we ever have any children that they should be raised back in the UK
so, if you're reading this john: SUCK IT. my kids are going to be raised in new york.

oh anyway
no, move to canada if you're gonna move elsewhere

cankers-- is your goyfriend inglés? why "back" in the UK?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2008, 04:38 PM   #55
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

it's just not as "weird" as it used to be and they aren't helping things with the t-shirt campaign. then again, my idea of what's weird may be more extreme than most.

and don't get me wrong....I'd move there in a heartbeat (my dream is to deliver pizza for the punk rock pizza place there).
Old 01.14.2008, 04:41 PM   #56
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
L.A. well if you like spending most of your day in cars, then yes. Also if you like meeting wannabe celebs go for it.

wannabe celebs yes. cars no.

wannabe celebs are actually awesome. i love old child stars too

Old 01.14.2008, 04:43 PM   #57
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
it's just not as "weird" as it used to be and they aren't helping things with the t-shirt campaign. then again, my idea of what's weird may be more extreme than most.

and don't get me wrong....I'd move there in a heartbeat (my dream is to deliver pizza for the punk rock pizza place there).

true. i have no idea what you may consider 'weird'. how is the music scene? they get a hell of a lot of good bands through those parts.

Old 01.14.2008, 04:49 PM   #58
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

the music scene is great, and I make the 5 hour drive down there from time to time. however, if there's a show I want to see I can (usually) catch it in Dallas.

the big sell for me would be not having to drive everywhere if I didn't want to (note: delivering pizza would require a car).

it's been a long time since I've spent much time there, but it's still one of my favorite places (but again....not so weird).
Old 01.14.2008, 04:59 PM   #59
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
No it is an utter wasteland.
i love LA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
cankers-- is your goyfriend inglés? why "back" in the UK?
yeah from manchester
Old 01.15.2008, 05:17 AM   #60
sarramkrop

Do it and possibly move to London: It'll make a man of you. Once you find yourself struggling to make ends meet because you've been partying for two weeks I think that you'll really taste what life in a big city is made of. And hopefully you don't have any issues with the weather because it's never really that cold but it is very often grey. Other than that, it is a lot of fun and you meet some really cool people.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth