Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I got my first job today!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.20.2009, 11:19 AM   #41
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
whoa bawlmor, wawas has no burgers, but they make a decent hoagie.

you forgot ch-ch-ch-CHECKERS.

and sonic gail too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6GwvaEhw_c

I've never actually been to a wawa. i think it's kinda lame to drive 40 minutes out of yr way when you can just go to seven eleven.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 11:20 AM   #42
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh yah, it's the same company.

out of business???

they were never that great, but their terrible commercials cracked me up

Burger King killed thier ass. Even after working at Burger King for 4 yrs I still prefer the whopper jr to any other.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 11:28 AM   #43
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Holy shit! and i thought i was gettin old.

Ha, yeah, I could work for two hours and have enough money to buy a record, fill up my gas tank, or go to the movies.
Old 08.20.2009, 11:29 AM   #44
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
The good ol days!

Old 08.20.2009, 11:29 AM   #45
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Life was good and cheap. We lived in a big suburban house and I think my parents' monthly mortgage payment was around $100.
Old 08.20.2009, 11:32 AM   #46
pinkstation
children of satan

pinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's assespinkstation kicks all y'all's asses
i turned in 14 applications this summer, and repeatedly went back to the places to inquire and never got a job.

ive got to pay for these records somehow...

pinkstation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 11:32 AM   #47
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

What the hell happened since then. It ain't easy these days.

Old 08.20.2009, 11:35 AM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
I've never actually been to a wawa. i think it's kinda lame to drive 40 minutes out of yr way when you can just go to seven eleven.

WHAAAAAASS?S??S?S?S?

no wai.

ok then you no real bawlmore-- you're a new yorker! you should be writing about grays papaya or something.

fuckit, i miss bawlmore
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 11:45 AM   #49
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
WHAAAAAASS?S??S?S?S?

no wai.

ok then you no real bawlmore-- you're a new yorker! you should be writing about grays papaya or something.

fuckit, i miss bawlmore

haha, remember - i just moved here 3 weeks ago! i was enrolled in a tiny gated college in TOWSON, MARYLAND before that!

and grays papaya is fucking delicious...in my vagina...

Old 08.20.2009, 11:50 AM   #50
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
haha, remember - i just moved here 3 weeks ago! i was enrolled in a tiny gated college in TOWSON, MARYLAND before that!

and grays papaya is fucking delicious...in my vagina...

vaginas are good!

but anyway oh you were in towson!? ah ha ha... how is the recher theatre these days? the first time i went out with madame !@#$%! we went to see sleater-kinney there.

you went to school where? i only know towson u and that's no "tiny gated college"
Old 08.20.2009, 11:54 AM   #51
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
vaginas are good!

but anyway oh you were in towson!? ah ha ha... how is the recher theatre these days? the first time i went out with madame !@#$%! we went to see sleater-kinney there.

you went to school where? i only know towson u and that's no "tiny gated college"

Haha, I've never been to the Recher - it's extremely rare that they have shows that are even relatively decent. I had heard that SK played there once, as did Liz Phair apparently. But I was always driven/eventually drove to the city/dc to see bands play.

And I went to a lil place where the pseudo shoeless hippies run free, about a mile north on dulaney valley road. We are known for being the first school to have a zombies game. Our motto is education without boundaries.

Old 08.20.2009, 11:56 AM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Haha, I've never been to the Recher - it's extremely rare that they have shows that are even relatively decent. I had heard that SK played there once, as did Liz Phair apparently. But I was always driven/eventually drove to the city/dc to see bands play.

And I went to a lil place where the pseudo shoeless hippies run free, about a mile north on dulaney valley road. We are known for being the first school to have a zombies game. Our motto is education without boundaries.

ha ha ha-- GOUCHER COLLEGE (i googled)

yeah i know the HW exit to that

the uppity bastards claim to be in bawlmore. no!

where are you living? and is the ottobar still open? booohooo i am homesick

(i lived in dc though, but went there often)
Old 08.20.2009, 12:00 PM   #53
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
ha ha ha-- GOUCHER COLLEGE (i googled)

yeah i know the HW exit to that

the uppity bastards claim to be in bawlmore. no!

where are you living? and is the ottobar still open? booohooo i am homesick

(i lived in dc though, but went there often)

Haha, yup! You are right, son!

The students and the administration hate each other. It was a lame decision to write the address as Baltimore. It's not Baltimore. It's fucking Towson, Maryland urban sprawl.

I live in Charles Village...a couple of blocks away from the Ottobar. It has great drinks but is completely infested with hipsters who go there every Tuesday for lame dance parties.

Old 08.20.2009, 12:02 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

deerhoof at the ottobar was the highlight of my existence in 200...5?

i should start posting you the emails i get from the bank-- they inherited tarantula hill's mailing list but that went down in flames (literally)
Old 08.20.2009, 12:03 PM   #55
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

e.g.:

Flag this message
SEWN LEATHER SUMMER SHOW SIZZZLING STEAMER 2morrw nite!!!!!!!!!!Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:11 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"the bank" <thedankbank@gmail.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: undisclosed-recipients
Tomorrow Night!!!!!
Show of the Summer!!!!!!!
@the Stank Bank

Ah the sweltering ooze of August.... Our Skin exudes the Good Juice.
"Salty Potion"

Sewn Leather ... Nomadic human metronome. Greatest American Performer infested with worms. "Occult Biker Style"

Taterbug ... From "the land of corn iowa". Taterbug evokes the Greatful Dead while bumming change outside of gas stations . His jams are fucking beautiful blow your mind style. Listen to his myspace tunes : myspace.com/stayfarout. For fans of old delta blues recordings and the Manson Family Jams.

Angels in America ... from NYC / Montreal . Haunted Youth Pop. Eerily blissful wonder music.

Janitor ... Best live band in Baltimore. New special members on guitar and leather whips. JANITOR.

Special Noise ... Montreal Origins of Emo Cap'n'Jazz, "Occult BMX style".

Be here by 10... show starts at 10:30

DONATE!

WEIRD LIFE
Old 08.20.2009, 12:04 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

also:
---

tomorrow mt pleasantWednesday, August 19, 2009 6:40 PM

this is in mt pleazzz not at the lighthouse

ENDLESS SUMMER BUMMER

-----Sewn Leather
myspace.com/sewnleather
Nomadic shitpunk with a carved out sound of death industrial dub, LA synth punk and trunk rattlin BASS

-------Angels in America (Ecstatic Peace Records, Montreal)
http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Angels_in_America/

"definitely one of those out of nowhere experiences where you encounter something with no reference or connection to any of the noise, punk, no wave, junk, skuzz musix you’ve been soaking in and it completely grips yr mind and purrs against yr sweet spot. Weird, sultry, damaged and almost always falling apart with lyrics spun from some poet head zone, Angels In America are a goddamned curiousty"
-Thurston Moore

-------Special Noise (Montreal)
http://www.myspace.com/specialnoise

"This is a band that has everyone in awe. If you mention the name Special Noise among local indie musicians, eyes widen, you receive a measured smile and then a slow approving nod." -The Coast.

------Max Eisenberg (baltimore)
best set at this past weekends VOICE OF THE VALLEY 2009 FEST

830PM SHARP AT
THE CRABS CLAW
1631 IRVING ST NW
WASHIGNTON DC

=================================
upcoming at the lighthouse::
August 26
-kate ferencz
--alex dunbar
---gay knowledge
----say no! to architecture

Thursday September 10
-ptarmigan
--the dead are those who have died
---david sait
----les rhinoceros

Friday October 2
-bermuda triangles
--caves caverns
---i need sleep
Old 08.20.2009, 12:09 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh wait tarantula hill is back to life ha ha ha

see:

tarantula hill" <deartarantulahill@gmail.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: deartarantulahill@gmail.com
We pleased to Present on
Wednesday August 5, 2009, 9pm
THE
"U Can't Do That on Comedy Tour"
Frankie Martin+
Brian Blomerth +
Andrew Jeffrey Wright +
Eyeballz +
come and check out stand up, art jokes, comedy videos and short comedy art plays!
http://www.frankiefeverforever.com/
http://andrewjeffreywright.com/
http://twitter.com/pupsintrouble

ALSO special this night we are hosting a FASTEST FOOD EATING CONTEST, no its not to see if people can eat fast food, or about eating 5,000 falafels but how quick they can finish 1 plate of food in front of them. Peter Blasser is the west side champion of fast eating, do you think you can take him on? email twigharper (at) hotmail.com to sign up to become the newest FASTEST FOOD EATING CHAMPION.

Come down and check out this amazing night of nonstandard human interaction and performance.

Tarantula Hill
2118 West Pratt
Baltimore, MD 21223

---

okay. done here.
Old 08.20.2009, 01:20 PM   #58
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
deerhoof at the ottobar was the highlight of my existence in 200...5?

i should start posting you the emails i get from the bank-- they inherited tarantula hill's mailing list but that went down in flames (literally)

i went to a deerhoof show at the ottobar in 2007, right when friend opportunity was coming out. it was a pretty amazing show.

and yes, yes! please do!

Old 08.20.2009, 01:21 PM   #59
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

<-- you are pretty incredible.

i'll message you my email address :-D

Old 08.20.2009, 01:24 PM   #60
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella

$7.25/hour.

"yeah, they tell these kids to go to school so they can get a diploma to get a job, but they don't be telling them how that job is going to exploit them, thats why I be like fuck they schools"

Working for money and the system too
Thought the dole queue made you worthless
Now you're slaved to a public machine
Getting somewhere...is this what they mean?
Worthless....not enough money!
[Chorus:]
I'd rather work for money
Than just for something to do
But then why bother working at all?
Do you want to stay totally normal?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth