Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Coronavirus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2020, 11:28 PM   #761
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
0-0
Old 04.10.2020, 12:40 AM   #762
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
The county where "my" office is located will stop being in quarantine from 5AM Monday, but the one where I live will remain quarantined for at least another week. This is one of the stupidest things ever: there are no physical barriers between the two, no highway that you need to drive; it's the same fucking thing divided by arbitrary abstract lines - you can literally be in both counties at once if you stand in the middle of certain streets.

Which brings me to this opinion piece by the Washington Post's editorial board - it's about the U.S., of course, but I highlighted the part which applies to my own asphalt jungle as well:

Quote:
Time to plan for a phase-two battle against the coronavirus

GLIMMERS OF hope are emerging that the coronavirus pandemic is slowing. Washington state and California have flattened the curve with social distancing to such an extent that they are offering spare ventilators to stricken New York, where Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) says hospital admissions are plateauing, and other signs show the pandemic will be more manageable than the worst-case projections. An earlier estimate of 100,000 or more deaths nationwide has been scaled back considerably, assuming social distancing continues through May.

No one should draw the conclusion that it is time to let up. On the contrary, the changing dynamics of infection and hospitalization show that social distancing to break the virus transmission is working where attempted and ought to be redoubled. If people relax, the consequences could be a dangerous second wave. Most of the population is still vulnerable — and such cities as New Orleans, Detroit and Chicago are now experiencing their own sub-epidemics. Deaths are still climbing; they lag some weeks behind the levels of infection.

It is time to seize the moment and create a strategy for the coming months, a phase two when the United States will shift from fighting the house fire to managing some kind of stabilization, if not normalcy. Some significant work has been done by think tanks, but the administration appears engulfed in managing the daily crisis. President Trump should appoint a skilled manager and leader to take on phase two. To neglect planning could risk chaos later on. Mr. Trump’s overeager insistence that reopening will be “sooner rather than later” has not been accompanied by a strategy to get there.

In any return to normalcy, comprehensive diagnostic testing will be required to isolate the sick and help certify those who can go back to work safely. Can an administration that presided over a movable feast of half-measures now create a national testing network that will be orders of magnitude larger? As The Post reported Wednesday, states are going their own way in the absence of leadership from Washington.

At the same time, a recovery strategy will require serology testing on a scale never attempted before to determine who has been infected and might be immune by looking for antibodies in serum. Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services Brett P. Giroir reassured members of the media on Tuesday that “we will have millions on the market by May,” but similar promises about diagnostic tests were unfulfilled, and there are concerns about the quality of serology tests now being rushed out. Another layer of uncertainty is whether the coronavirus will leave behind enough recovered people with immunity to restart the economy. Former Food and Drug Administration commissioner Scott Gottlieb said the percentage of the population infected and showing antibodies in Europe is between 1 and 15 percent, but he thinks it may be lower in the United States. If only 5 or 10 percent of the population is immune, the remainder are still at risk of infection, and the virus is not controlled by a vaccine or drug therapy, then what are the paths to recovery this year?

This is a Rubik’s Cube challenge entwining public health issues, economics and social behavior, and it deserves more attention than it is getting.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2020, 03:47 AM   #763
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
this should have been posted in this thread.

Neil Young for president!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2020, 03:59 AM   #764
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Neil Young for president!

Yeah, no, he was born in Kenya ER I MEAN Canada.

I always thought that photo was either a) Photoshopped as fuck, or b) real, but basically a sign of Neil saying, "Yeah, you can use 'Rockin' In The Free World', but I'll spend all that money on things you HATE", the way Chrissie Hynde did it with Limbaugh and "My City Was Gone" - all those coins go to PETA, as I understand.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2020, 09:21 AM   #765
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ew that fucking ugly bastard why do i have to wake up and look at it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2020, 09:21 AM   #766
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i forgot how to block images on this board

--

oh there we go. relief!

so... hm lemme look at this thread now safely...

--

ok i need to go take out the trash from my house the same way i did with the fugly pic here. eyesores.

meanwhile e4-e5 then

--

eta: dark shadows reminded me of "strange paradise" which i went to look for on youtube. then i read an article on youtube that said that strange paradise was created in response to... dark shadows! 60s version lolololol. i didn't know there was one.

covid tv: strange paradise on youtube. weird and cheap as fuck. i always thought it was a british show but it's canadian!
Old 04.10.2020, 11:15 AM   #767
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-open-by-may-1

Adams gets fired in 3.....2.....1.... (He's black too!)

I feel sorry for you Americans. So many contradictions coming from your "leaders" (of which I consider Adams to be one of the true ones).

pxp. Fascinating!
Old 04.10.2020, 11:21 AM   #768
Skuj
invito al cielo

I must now do a major cleanup of the house, for photos today. When it lists I'll link it here, in case any Americans decide upon Canada. (Who can blame them?) It's a Divorce Sale, so the price may be rather attractive.
Old 04.10.2020, 11:27 AM   #769
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Qxp obviously. By which i mean, Qxe5

Please people quit listening to that miserable narcissistic fucking huckster.

Go watch “Strange Paradise” on youtube instead. So fucking weird! Relax and eat and so on.

Skuj, did you ever see that show?
Old 04.10.2020, 11:53 AM   #770
Skuj
invito al cielo

Bd6. I check now and then. Don't know that show but I adore Twin Peaks.
Old 04.10.2020, 12:15 PM   #771
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Bd6. I check now and then. Don't know that show but I adore Twin Peaks.
strange paradise is a canadian concoction from the 60s

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244930/

(weird that you never saw it. i wonder if jim jarmusch ever saw it, given the title)

original dark shadows was from 1966

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059978/

per wikipedo, the canadians were riding the dark shadows wave

there was a dark shadows remake in 1991 (the one i'm seeing)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099363/

there are some hotties in it if that interests you lmfao

the twin peaks connection is my own. it's not the same story at all but it's a similar setting and atmosphere and "tone" from a cheap show that appeared a year later. i don't know if this show is quoting the original dark shadows but i assume it was heavily influenced by twin peaks which was a hit in its day and resembles this some-- only this is objectively dumber.

anyway.... Qxc7?
Old 04.10.2020, 12:39 PM   #772
Skuj
invito al cielo

We are obviously playing two different games. My B is at d6, so how can you go to c7? Maybe I screwed up. Sorry if I did. Let's review our moves. Later.
Old 04.10.2020, 12:41 PM   #773
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh fuck THAT BISHOP fml i moved your piece wrong my bad

now im proper fucked huh?

--

i had put it in d5

this is why it helps my adhd to post the starting square if we can do the full notation?

so k your bischoff backing up yr peón.
lml...

--

no, the ok.. one sec. you have a knife to my throat eh? wait...

--

ok, Qe5-d4

sorry man

imma spell it all out from now on please do same
Old 04.10.2020, 12:54 PM   #774
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses

Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2020, 01:19 PM   #775
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Coronavirus samples stolen from Chicago lab employee’s car, police say

Coronavirus test samples were stolen from the car of a lab employee in Chicago, according to police and local reports.

The 42-year-old woman had five frozen samples in the trunk of her Jeep when she parked it outside a gas station on the city’s South Side and went inside the store, Chicago police said in a statement. The samples were to be tested for covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, the Chicago Sun-Times reported, citing a law enforcement source.

As the woman walked into the station, a man climbed into her Jeep, which she had left unlocked and running, police said. She and a relative went looking for the car and found it about two miles away. They alerted nearby officers.

When the officers approached the Jeep, two men jumped out and ran. The officers were not able to catch the pair. The test samples were missing from the trunk, police said.

Police are continuing their search for the two men.

--

nice loot, dumbfucks
Old 04.10.2020, 01:25 PM   #776
Skuj
invito al cielo

Ok, you did Qe5-d4. I hope we are looking at the same game.

BxB.
Old 04.10.2020, 01:53 PM   #777
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ok, you did Qe5-d4. I hope we are looking at the same game.

BxB.
yes now the queens are in a high noon scenario and your bishop to my right yes?

if so, then Qd4xf4 or QxB as you'd say
Old 04.10.2020, 02:02 PM   #778
Skuj
invito al cielo

Rf8-e8.
Old 04.10.2020, 02:13 PM   #779
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Rf8-e8.
damn, i thought you'd make a more defensive move instead of attacking my alfil

why didja doit...

Rf1-d1
Old 04.10.2020, 02:19 PM   #780
Skuj
invito al cielo

Nf6-d5.
363738 39 40414249 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth