Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Skateboarding
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.16.2006, 08:11 PM   #121
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I agree w/ HaydenAsche. BadonGo is a great upload site. I suggest it.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 12:19 AM   #122
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Do people still yell shit out cars driving by when you are skating, or has that died down since it has become more socially acceptable?

In the late 80's all the 'dirt balls' (head bangers) would fly by in their Camaros and Cutlasses and yell 'Skater Bater!' 'Skater Fag!' 'Skate Or Die' and shit like that. Once they found out Metallica liked skating they mellowed out with it. Dirtballs were worse that jocks before that.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 12:39 AM   #123
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I know exactly what your saying CHOUT, & yes they still do it. Recently, I walked down to a school yard to take some skate photo's, & some ass-holes drove by & said "Get a car loser". I could give a shit what these fuckers think. It just shows their mental capacity as being non existant.
-George Carlin
Old 04.17.2006, 07:42 PM   #124
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I always get the good old "Skate or die bro" from jock off's in their cars.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 09:23 PM   #125
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Fuck all of them. I don't care what they yell out of their car.

& I hate it when they say shit like "skatebaording is for queers".
Oh yeah motherfucker, let's see you do some shit on a skatebaord.
-George Carlin
Old 04.17.2006, 10:41 PM   #126
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Fuck all of them. I don't care what they yell out of their car.

& I hate it when they say shit like "skatebaording is for queers".
Oh yeah motherfucker, let's see you do some shit on a skatebaord.

I've had friends who handed their boards to jocks to challenge them. They always threw them as far as they could, like a football or some shit.

Skating seemed more confrontational when I was young. I'd go skate downtown minneapolis with my brother (I owe a lot to him, being over 6 years older than me, he exposed me to skating and cool music) and some disgruntled store worker would come out and yell in my face about 'making a racket' and chuck my board into a pile of rocks since I was the smallest. I wish my brother was a little more violent that day and kicked his ass.

Old 04.17.2006, 10:53 PM   #127
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Don't ya' miss those confrotational skating days, when some ass-hole was in your face, & you didn't feel like taking his stupid bull-shit?

"Skateboarding Is Not A Crime"
-Santa Cruz
-George Carlin
Old 04.17.2006, 11:20 PM   #128
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes when I skate with these twin kids I know, they will fuck with people who try to kick us out. One time we were skating a school and a teacher said "leave now." Some people were still skating and he asks, "Look, do I need to tell you again?" One of the the twins just said, "How about we skate and you fuck off." The guy didn't even know what to say. He just left and nothing happened.
Old 04.17.2006, 11:26 PM   #129
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Fuck Yeah, that's how it should be. We're hurting no one but ourselves.
That's the main reason they don't want you to skate street. 'Cuz most places don't have an insurance policy that covers accidental injury.
Like we're goona sue the building owner 'cuz we hurt ourself. Man, people are idiots.
-George Carlin
Old 04.17.2006, 11:32 PM   #130
John Violence
the end of the ugly

The thing is, if you want to skate a spot bad enough, you are going to get to it one way or another. I have skated some sketchy ass spots. I remember there is this one spot near some huge corporate building where you have to hop some gnarly fence and there are dogs in certian parts. If you can get through that and don't get caught there are huge sheets of metal stacked on top of each other to make perfect gaps and drops. It's like a sketchy Daewon Song set up. Marleypumpkin, I bet you have hit up some spots at night or had 5 minute sessions just to get a trick on a spot.
Old 04.18.2006, 12:05 AM   #131
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Oh yeah, I have been out skating at like 3:00 in the morning before.
There was this park that I used to live next to. It didn't have much to skate, just a curb, & flat ground, but I used to walk down to the park (Milt Dickens)
at like 3:00 & skate until I saw a cop drive by. This is pretty much where I learned to do Kickflips. Oh, & there was a sweet gap there as well.
-George Carlin
Old 04.18.2006, 01:06 AM   #132
vacuum noise
bad moon rising

vacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's asses
I stopped skating 3 years ago but continued to mess around here and there; last trick learned switch heelflip...o yeh!
vacuum noise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 01:08 AM   #133
John Violence
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuum noise
I stopped skating 3 years ago but continued to mess around here and there; last trick learned switch heelflip...o yeh!
I honestly think that switch heelflips and switch shove its are the coolest switch tricks to do. That's cool you at least still mess around.
Old 04.18.2006, 01:36 AM   #134
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I know what you mean WHOREOHSCOPE. Skateboarding is getting too formal in my opinion. It is a rebelious thing. & how can it be rebelious if all the same people are into it? We skateboard to say Fuck You to the mainstream society by skating it's american, concrete paved landscape.
-George Carlin
Old 04.18.2006, 02:15 AM   #135
John Violence
the end of the ugly

I know what you mean Whoreohscope. So many kids just follow trends. Sometimes I get wierd looks because I wear jean shorts and do casper flips instead of wearing the generic tight pants and work on faking style. I will try to post one of my video parts up soon.
Old 04.18.2006, 02:41 AM   #136
CHOUT
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOREOHSCOPE
As a teenager I hear and see all these new skater dudes and they generally are lameos just because they are all the same, its a uniform thing for them, its a group to fit into, skate boarding is pretty awsome but when its the 'cool thing' and blown up it just makes me want to stay away from it, i just don't touch it-- maybe i would if i could keep away from the countless skaters who look and sound the same i would.... I don't know if any of you guys know what i mean or see this kinda stuff going on, its a cool thing that people are still into it but its kinda lame when everyones doing the same thing. True skate boarders who are themselves probably stand out from the crowd but most the ones i know personally and see look and sound the same..

Totally true. Up until last summer I skated a lot of parks and it really seemed like every kid had to fit into a particular skate clique: heshers, hip hoppers etc.

It really seems like individualism in skating is frowned upon more and more, and most kids are more into the fashion of it and always having the coolest up to date clothes and decks.

I see it in tricks too. The kids I would skate with would use the term 'old school' as a derogatory thing. 'A no comply? That's old school' as if a kickflip isn't technically old school, ya dumbass. I do believe there are some silly tricks, but if they can be done on a board they should be welcomed regardless.

Sorry, but in my years of skating, I learned there is not much of a vast difference in different companies' decks - some different companies get wood from the same place. And I want to 'deck' the next kid I hear obsess about if such and such deck has 'pop'. That's just a marketing term. Sure, quality may vary in different brands, but they are all made similar.

Old 04.18.2006, 09:13 AM   #137
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
Totally true. Up until last summer I skated a lot of parks and it really seemed like every kid had to fit into a particular skate clique: heshers, hip hoppers etc.

It really seems like individualism in skating is frowned upon more and more, and most kids are more into the fashion of it and always having the coolest up to date clothes and decks.

I see it in tricks too. The kids I would skate with would use the term 'old school' as a derogatory thing. 'A no comply? That's old school' as if a kickflip isn't technically old school, ya dumbass. I do believe there are some silly tricks, but if they can be done on a board they should be welcomed regardless.

Sorry, but in my years of skating, I learned there is not much of a vast difference in different companies' decks - some different companies get wood from the same place. And I want to 'deck' the next kid I hear obsess about if such and such deck has 'pop'. That's just a marketing term. Sure, quality may vary in different brands, but they are all made similar.

CHOUT: You are the fucking man, Keep preaching the skate gospel bro.

Oh &, This Shit's Got Pop! (hahaha)
-George Carlin
Old 04.18.2006, 10:24 AM   #138
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT

you said it all man...
Old 04.18.2006, 05:23 PM   #139
John Violence
the end of the ugly

Good post CHOUT. Boards are all kind of the same to me now. I can't afford brand name decks every month or two so I buy cheap blanks. No Complys are so fun. I always work on the bs 360 ones like Ray Barbee but can't quite get them clean.
Old 04.18.2006, 06:00 PM   #140
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Alot of shit going down with skating in my town.
Skaters always get bitched for skating anywhere uptown, people call the cops all the time...Recently people have been staying off the sidewalk-and onto the street-to avoid bitching from store owners (which is understandable). About a month ago a kid got ran over skating in the street and died. There was a city council meeting with nearly 200 people there pushing for a skate park to keep skaters off the street. The mayor said he'd look into it and choose a comittee to figure the funds and a location.
We haven't heard from the bastard yet...
They don't want to spend money on the skateboarders, but they're more then willing to expand the already huge sportsplex..
Fuckers...
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth