Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.12.2023, 11:00 AM   #3681
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I never watch American Pickers anymore, it's really lame, especially since whenever they decided to split up and team up with all kind of other people who are even more annoying. But while channel hopping the other day, I stumbled upon an episode that was actually very interesting. They visited the Warren brothers, Gene and Christopher, who are the third generation of their family business. And their family business is to supply mock-up models and special effects (especially stop-motion) for Hollywood movies. Check their imdb resume's on the links supplied, and then also their dad's and their grandfather's, who both are named Gene as well. Both the dad and the granddad won an Oscar, the brothers hope they some day will win one as well. That would make them only the second family that achieved three generations of Oscar winners, next to the Hustons.
It's episode 3 of season 23. This link might work for you, and let you watch it online (not for me, I'm being redirected to the Dutch site)

oh and last night I watched an episode of Private Eyes, starring Jason Priestley. Yes, the Jason Priestley of Beverly Hills 90210. He's still working apparently. But as expected, this series is very lame and I will not watch any more, even though the next episode did have William Shatner as a guest appearance. This series does have very high ratings on imdb, but it just has the lamest stories, and the acting sucks as well.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2023, 11:12 PM   #3682
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Succession really had a profound impact on me. I haven’t had appointment-viewing like that in ages. I’m sad it’s over.

And there’s a scene in season 4 that makes me tear up like mad, but that might be because my dad is is in very poor health. Fuck cancer.
But also
ahhh. damn. hang in there man. fuck cancer!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2023, 06:00 AM   #3683
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ahhh. damn. hang in there man. fuck cancer!

Lmao I realize I left that “but also” just hanging at the end of my post! Haha
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2023, 10:07 AM   #3684
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Lmao I realize I left that “but also” just hanging at the end of my post! Haha
yes hahaha. made it look like you were overcome with emotion and stopped writing. eh, most sane people would understand either way.
Old 06.13.2023, 07:22 PM   #3685
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

janice soprano is back!

fucking janice! hahahahaaaaa
Old 06.14.2023, 09:56 AM   #3686
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Janice is evil supreme, just as bad as her mom. Only gets wors and worse.

Succession was very good, onc eyou get into season 3, and the big picture of it becomes clearer. It is about the issues that arise when an achiever is finished, and all their achievements pass on to children who did nothing to earn it, nor did they prepare properly to take over.

It is essentially about Rupert Murdoch and his family. he has said as much.
Old 06.15.2023, 07:34 AM   #3687
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Janice is evil supreme, just as bad as her mom. Only gets wors and worse.

hahahahahaha, yeah, janice is the worst, total garbage human, but at this point (3rd rewarch of entire series i think) she's become a source of laughs for me. almost a cartoon. she never fails to deliver ridiculousness. can always be counted to be the most narcissistic, petty, incompetent grifter of the lot.

i liked what she did to richie aprile though hahahahaaaa. rock-paper-scissors. otoh, later down the road, poor baccalà...

Quote:
Succession was very good, onc eyou get into season 3, and the big picture of it becomes clearer. It is about the issues that arise when an achiever is finished, and all their achievements pass on to children who did nothing to earn it, nor did they prepare properly to take over.

It is essentially about Rupert Murdoch and his family. he has said as much.
yeah this is why i called ramy's mom (same actress plays marcia here) "wendi deng," hahaha (murdoch's chinese spy wife, who banged tony blair while married to murdoch).

anyway yes, the old man is a fucking maniac but is competent, while the little turds he himself damaged can't function right. garbage people all around. i assume the viking is even more psycho than the old man.
Old 06.15.2023, 06:22 PM   #3688
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Staying consistent with my Trek-phase, having advanced to Enterprise now. You know, as much as I complained about Voyager, and there sure is a LOT to complain about, it at least wasn't as dull and lifeless as Enterprise S1. The first few eps seemed like a few hicks talking back to Vulcans, set to dull grey backgrounds and badly dated early 2000s writing. Riveting.

It's slowly starting to get somewhat better with the beginning of S2 now, but oof. It sure took a long time until there was even a hint of some distinguishable characterization in the series' protagonists. And a lot has been said about the opening theme. I'd say it sounds like a blend between a song written for a religious cult and a 90s beer commercial. A few friends sitting on a boat somewhere at a lake, a few shots of exaggerated companionship and cooperation color-corrected to hint at the scorching heat. Then, someone opens the cooler and withdraws a few mass-produced, watered-down bottles of -insert product name here- and there we go: "Cause I got FAITH of the HEAAAA-AAAAART..."

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2023, 08:32 AM   #3689
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
voyager is a flawed show, but enterprise is just DULL (season1)
Old 06.16.2023, 09:28 AM   #3690
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
voyager is a flawed show, but enterprise is just DULL (season1)

Agreed.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2023, 01:29 PM   #3691
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I've been watching Avatar the Last Airbender bender for the first time, and I really like it so far! I know I would be a waterbender for sure!

I also watched Girl in the Basement last night, and the movie is so twisted but really good. If you really like horror/really really fucked up shit, then watch it I guess. Just a content warning for abuse and S/A

hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2023, 08:07 AM   #3692
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

refinished season 3 of sopranos. a quieter end than the first two seasons. but meadow's progressive "loss of innocence," which was pointed out by tony in an earlier episode, really reaches a new peak here.

jackie jr really was a fucking moron though hahahahaha.

-

carmela also has had an interesting moral arc. i really liked that old psychiatrist who won't take her blood money.
Old 06.17.2023, 04:46 PM   #3693
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

resumed s2e8 of succession but changed my perspective from drama to comedy and it's much better

the dweeb looks dweebier! his cringeworthy performance lmao.

now all the shit is in the right place.

veep!
Old 06.20.2023, 05:32 AM   #3694
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
With Succession you can watch S2, 3 and 4 episodes in any order you want or skip them all entirely, it makes to difference as there's no real plot or character development. I thought S5 was great.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2023, 05:58 AM   #3695
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
With Succession you can watch S2, 3 and 4 episodes in any order you want or skip them all entirely, it makes to difference as there's no real plot or character development. I thought S5 was great.

Nope
Old 06.24.2023, 09:50 AM   #3696
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

refinished sopranos season 4. i don't feel it was as good as the earlier ones. 1&2 were great, 2 in particular. i can't say anything "bad" about 3&4, and i like some of the new characters introduced, it's just that the others were better.

i think the conflict with the mother was better than the conflict with anybody else really hahahhaha. this time i was able to detect the episode where they inserted nancy marchand post-mortem with the cut-up footage and cgi and whatever and i knew why. it didn't bother me, but it was clear they were patching up a hole in the fabric.

i don't know what plans the writers had for livia before nancy marchand died, and maybe i'll go dig up some info, but it does feel like a big loss to the narrative with her character gone. it would have been fantastic if she had kept torturing him throughout hahahaha. i mean she had those tickets after all and was getting ready to testify against him. and then? and afterwards? wow.

janice returning to live in that house is a replacement in a way, but her character is too fucking funny to have the same mindfucking effect as livia's pit of darkness and hate.
Old 06.26.2023, 06:26 AM   #3697
Severian
invito al cielo

The Bear. Season 2 is already out, which blows my mind. Feels like the first season just happened. Anyway, good show. Might benefit from being 45 min-1 hour instead of a half-hour; feels quite claustrophobic, but I’m sure that’s intentional.

Someone on twitter called the main guy (Lip from Shameless) the “poor man’s Kendall Roy” and I thought that was fucking hilarious and accurate
Old 06.26.2023, 09:38 PM   #3698
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i got tired of the sopranos at the start of season 5. not that it's bad, and animal blundetto is a great character, but it's almost richie aprile all over again except now it's massage instead of yoga. and anyway, i feel too sorry for poor dumbfuck adriana to keep watchign what happens to her.

the competition for carmine's succession (succession!) is/will be good, especially with little carmine's hilarious malapropisms, but i already know that story. plus, i fucking hate phil leotardo. i would happily fast forward to his skull getting crushed.

so anyway i went looking for something else on hbo or max or whatever the fuck they call it now, before the month expires, and saw about 45 minutes of "the last of us".

which is... the walking dead! again! still walking! same old shit regurgitated daily! tv writers please go eat shit. the last of the walking fucking dead. so tiresome.

july maybe i'll get netflix so i can finish saul. not much more to see in that channel i expect, we get the same spent old tropes everywhere. the witcher is gonna have the final season but i got tired of it way before cavill did.

okay! move along! nothing to see here!
Old 06.28.2023, 10:28 AM   #3699
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

finished season 5 of True Blood.

I have enjoyed the fast pace, constant surprises, and twists.
Old 06.30.2023, 02:01 PM   #3700
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I bought something from Amazon and got a free month of Prime Video. Any recommendations?
I just started watching The Boys, so I'll need to finish those three seasons until I get to watch something else ... looks like a fun series, but I'm only halfway episode 1.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
135175182183184 185 186187188 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth