Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Am I The Only One?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.04.2010, 12:11 PM   #21
DanielCarlson
children of satan

DanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's asses
My teacher had a Sonic Youth t-shirt today, from their Sensational Fix art exhibition. That was pretty cool, that doesn't happen every day.
DanielCarlson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2010, 04:29 AM   #22
Sykid87
little trouble girl

Sykid87 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
i'm always the only person in my area. all of my friends refer to me as "the guy who likes sonic youth". and when that movie Juno came out, almost everyone i know told me that they mentioned sonic youth in it.

Im that guy among my friends haha.
Old 10.06.2010, 04:32 AM   #23
Sykid87
little trouble girl

Sykid87 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
And I'm pretty sure there's record stores and rock concerts in sacramento where you can go and hang out and possibly meet people.
The thread starter either doesn't know enough people or hangs out with the "wrong" kind of people.

And there's other bands too. Fuck Sonic Youth!

Its true there are concerts in sacramento, but they are either some shitty local punk/metal band or some hip hop, very rarely does anyone legit come here. The only two i can think of lately was Mike Watt and Frank Black.
Old 10.07.2010, 12:53 PM   #24
SYHamilton
little trouble girl

SYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's asses
I figured I was the only one from my city on this forum but I now see there are at least four of us.
Old 10.07.2010, 01:12 PM   #25
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
I am lucky in that A LOT of my friends know & love SY. Not as much as I know & love them, but still. I get to share much of my musical exploits with my bff's & Im thankful.

HI, btw T! When did you start posting here? Are you stalking me?

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 02:10 AM   #26
sonicnoise
empty page

sonicnoise has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykid87
Its true there are concerts in sacramento, but they are either some shitty local punk/metal band or some hip hop, very rarely does anyone legit come here. The only two i can think of lately was Mike Watt and Frank Black.

I'm in Sacramento too and while talking about SY doesn't really come up much, there are plenty of people and amazing bands in town. Are you familiar with KDVS? If not, start listening to 90.3fm and you'll never bother with any other local staion. The station puts on great shows every week. Check out undietacos.org for a list of small club and house shows that are always going on.

Did you make it to O:RMF X last week? It is the stations twice-a-year festival and there were tons of great bands. If you like SY, you may want to consider checking into it. They were not SY-like bands, but being a SY fan shows you are interested in different sounds and there was plenty of that. There was also the 2-day NoiseFest that happens every year. I've never made it to one myself, but if SY led you to noise bands you can check that out too.
sonicnoise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2010, 08:17 PM   #27
the1ontheChristmasTree
empty page

the1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's assesthe1ontheChristmasTree kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i think most of us have gone through the "Sonic Youth? Weren't one of their songs in there, or something?"

i then explain that it's a cover of The Carpenters.

but. i too am "the guy who listens to Sonic Youth". But, people find that such a weird thing for some reason. maybe it's because of the really strong animosity towards noise...?
the1ontheChristmasTree is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth