Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Electric Factory poster
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.01.2009, 05:22 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 05:23 AM   #2
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
wooooot
this looks superb!

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 05:33 AM   #3
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
it does!
Old 07.01.2009, 08:08 AM   #4
arepeatingloop
empty page

arepeatingloop has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
heads of state always do great posters.
arepeatingloop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 11:24 AM   #5
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
oh, that's neat. i'm going to be at that show...anybody else? i've never been to the electric factory (or to a show in philli for that matter...) and I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the venue is like.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 12:26 PM   #6
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
seeing shows in philly is fun. i'm going to this show. i've never been to the venue i don't think. it seems like a small intimate place, which i like a lot. i'm not looking forward to driving there.. ugh

anyone else going?
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 02:03 PM   #7
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
yes, i will be there with my partner. exciting! i will also be driving (which i'm not looking foward to either). yeah, i chose to go to the show in philli rather than new york city (where im currently residing) because it seemed like a more intimate venue. i've enjoyed their shows better when their have been less people in the audience (although river to river last year was a dream come true). plus the tickets were almost $20 cheeper...

does anybody know anything about the parking situation?

see you there? i'll be a short curly haired girl with a video camera up front.

Old 07.01.2009, 02:27 PM   #8
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
yeah the tickets were way cheaper. i'm going to the new york show too. two sonic youth shows back to back. so i'm pretty psyched. they have parking garages around the area, if you don't mind paying the extra cash. they have them all over the area

ill be the spanish guy with the black hair hanging in the back, ha
Old 07.01.2009, 02:44 PM   #9
canvasseamonkey
empty page

canvasseamonkey has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Electric Factory Info.

I've been to the venue a few times, its pretty small (large rectangular with a high ceiling). you can definitely work your way to the front before the take the stage though. Crowds seem to float in last minute.

There is an upstairs L-shaped bar above the main room that gives a good view.

Parking. I have parked in the lot at the building (if you get there at like 3pm the gates will be open but you wont have to pay. haha) There are other lots around the block that the guards direct you to when the lot gets full

forgot to mention, south street is like a 20 minute walk away so you can get a few beers and a cheesesteak
canvasseamonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 02:50 PM   #10
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

thanks for the info, man!
Old 07.01.2009, 03:03 PM   #11
canvasseamonkey
empty page

canvasseamonkey has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
np guys. any more questions i will try to field them
see you there ladies and germs
canvasseamonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 03:04 PM   #12
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to be there as well. Anyone know what time SY should go on with Kurt Vile and Entrance Band opening? I'm relying on shitty public transit since I'm not going to have a car tomorrow. I hope I don't have to play "beat the clock" going back.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 03:32 PM   #13
Moshe
Super Moderator

kurt vile 8:30
entrance band 9:30
sonic youth 10:20
Old 07.01.2009, 03:37 PM   #14
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
sheeot. going to have to figure out something else then.

thanks, Moshe!

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 03:38 PM   #15
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Awesome. I'll be sure to get there on time just to ensure that I can sneak my way to the very front and hopefully get to have Thurston crowd surf against me during a noise interlude as he did during my first Sonic show.

I really, really, really wanted to get tickets for the New York show but I'm dirt poor living off of meager AmeriCorps wages (hooray for food stamps?!) These tickets are technically my college graduation gift from the 'rents (although neither of them are really sure why I wanted to see a band I've seen so many times before instead of, say, having a nice dinner.) I entered a couple of raffles to get free Friday tickets though so hopefully I too will be there both nights.

See ya!

Old 07.01.2009, 09:17 PM   #16
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be going, very excited. I'm really psyched that Kurt Vile got added, he's pretty fantastic.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 08:33 AM   #17
Deniedwings
empty page

Deniedwings has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDeniedwings has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
I really hope it doesnt sell out..I dont have a ticket yet but I'm hoping I can get one at the door
Deniedwings is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 09:51 AM   #18
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
Ooooo...pretty.

Wish I could go.
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 01:22 PM   #19
writergeek313
empty page

writergeek313 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'm coming down from central PA for the show tonight. How early are people planning to line up?

I'll be the tall woman with glasses in a black Ecstatic Peace t-shirt, probably on Lee's side.
writergeek313 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 03:04 PM   #20
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
It looks like it'd be a great show, have a great time tonight those of you who are attending.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth