Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page First sonic song
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2007, 09:44 AM   #41
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
my firs s sng i heard was teenage riot.
my second was silver rocket,
my third wasthe sprawl
fourth was cross the breeze
my fifth was erics trip, 6th total trash
7th hey joni
8th providence
9tyh candle
10th rain king
11th kissability and the twelvth song by sy i ever heard was the trilogy (wonderhyperjunior)

i was about 13, it changed my view on music to a point where i am now an obsessive........

thanks sonic!
Old 06.14.2007, 06:27 PM   #42
something
bad moon rising

something kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
that must have been a tough one to start off with...
she said it was an amazing insrtumental i mean its alright but what really got me into sy was believe if or not their cover of i wanna be yr dog on confusion is sex/kill yr idols

http://www.myspace.com/usedtoaster
something is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 09:53 PM   #43
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i actually listened to daydream nation first because it was the one that critics liked the best. i remember thinking of listening to sonic youth because of the simpsons episode. i really liked Teenage Riot a lot but thought the other songs in the album were "non-songs" at the time.

then i heard Unmade Bed and ended up listening to their whole catalog of music. thats when my journey began and just ended up being so inspired and insanely motivated by their music.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 09:58 PM   #44
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

Location: sonic toronto (it's way cooler than regular toronto)
hellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nice
in the mind of the bougious reader

its still one of my favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastuionel
Only there i seen chep like that Cell Phone
hellotwentyfifteen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 12:54 PM   #45
fab_wave
empty page

fab_wave has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
teenage riot
then schizophrenia
then i started to listen more and more
because of "timing" these songs "fit" in a weird way
fab_wave is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 01:04 PM   #46
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
First one I heared was Mote and it blew me away.
My life changed and it has never been the same ever since.
Old 06.15.2007, 02:22 PM   #47
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I've told this story a million times but I got into SY through The Simpsons. I had watched that Homerpalloza episode and thought this whole 'Alternative Music' and 'GenX' thing was the coolest thing ever. Plus the names sounded so cool - 'Smashing Pumpkins', 'Nine Inch Nails', 'Sonic Youth'. I got into the Pumpkins in a big way and made my way through all the bands mentioned in that episode until I got to Sonic Youth. My first song was The Diamond Sea. Which is a good thing because if I had started on something more extreme, I perhaps wouldnt be here talking now, and my compositional style would be vastly different. I wouldnt have got into Branca, Steve Reich, John Cage or rock bands like Slint, Pavement, The Velvets or countless others. Actually Fuck It. How could I not like a band that call themselves 'Sonic Youth' and have such cool albums titles as 'Daydream Nation', 'Goo' and 'EVOL'?
Old 06.15.2007, 02:24 PM   #48
fuentes
empty page

fuentes chews with a vagina dentata
teenage riot rules

fuentes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 02:44 PM   #49
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
Actually Fuck It. How could I not like a band that call themselves 'Sonic Youth' and have such cool albums titles as 'Daydream Nation', 'Goo' and 'EVOL'?
Amen bro
Old 06.15.2007, 07:05 PM   #50
tasteinmen
bad moon rising

tasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's assestasteinmen kicks all y'all's asses
well I guess Sunday was my first song which i heard last year and had on my ipod since, but it was only a few months ago i decided to get into them, and the song that grabbed me when i fell in love with them is Tunic, love it.
tasteinmen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 07:06 PM   #51
sarramkrop

Teenage Riot.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2007, 03:06 PM   #52
hune.prut
little trouble girl

hune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to beholdhune.prut is a splendid one to behold
Mote.
In the "Jump off a Building" vid. (Toy Machine skatevideo)
Liked it from the start i think.
hune.prut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth