Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Double Door show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.31.2006, 12:13 AM   #1
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
has anybody won tickets? and does anybody know when they let you know if you have won?
I'm so excited that there's even a chance of me seeing them at the double door.
and if you've won and are looking for someone to go with you I'll bake you cookies
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2006, 10:53 AM   #2
defcon4
little trouble girl

defcon4 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I entered too. I think they announce on Aug. 4. Show is the next day. The contest questions were sort of tricky, I thought. Is the first record the EP or Confusion? And when you count LPs, does that include SYRs?
defcon4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2006, 10:59 AM   #3
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
1st record - EP
SYRs do not count as LPs.
Old 07.31.2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Feelyat
little trouble girl

Feelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud of
I put down that their self-titled EP was their first record.

I counted SYR4 as an LP. I worry about that.

I hope I won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon4
I entered too. I think they announce on Aug. 4. Show is the next day. The contest questions were sort of tricky, I thought. Is the first record the EP or Confusion? And when you count LPs, does that include SYRs?
Feelyat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2006, 11:55 AM   #5
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
I also put the self-titled as their first record but was also had trouble figuring what they consider an LP.
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2006, 01:19 PM   #6
defcon4
little trouble girl

defcon4 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Glad you guys agree. I put down Sonic Youth as first record and 14 as number of LPs. (The Whitey Album doesn't count, of course, since it was recorded by Ciccone Youth)
defcon4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2006, 03:20 PM   #7
Feelyat
little trouble girl

Feelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud of
shit. I put down 16, counting SYR4 and Ciccone Youth. I mean, it IS actually Sonic Youth, and it WAS an LP. In fact, when Geffen re-released their back catalog, Ciccone Youth was one of the ones that got re-released, too (that's when Watt first wrote those liner notes). I wasn't sure about the Made in USA soundtrack, though. I have it on vinyl, it IS a longplayer, but they didn't exactly record it as an LP. It was released far after the fact. So I didn't count it.

hopefully the correct answer is just some number in a range of numbers. Say 12-20.

I want to win. bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon4
Glad you guys agree. I put down Sonic Youth as first record and 14 as number of LPs. (The Whitey Album doesn't count, of course, since it was recorded by Ciccone Youth)
Feelyat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth