Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Q&A: Thurston Moore
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.19.2013, 06:06 AM   #21
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Yeah but who wouldn't be? Not only is it a public betrayal, & end of the marriage, it's also fucks shit up for the other members of SY & entourage, i.e. they don't have jobs because someone couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

I think everyone in the band was bored. It's been obvious they've all been more interested in their work outside of SY for several years. I'm sure Lee hasn't been forced to reduce his lunch to Ramen.

And it wasn't much of a "public betrayal" until someone chose to make it as such. I mean, in all fairness here....
Old 05.19.2013, 06:10 AM   #22
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Why would she make up that old Thurston cheated on her? Don't be silly.

I don't believe she made it up, but I am not convinced she gave the entire story. And I know Thurston has chosen to give none of his. As far as this goes, I find Thurston's side much more interesting. It's not always easy to keep one's mouth shut. Kim took the easy route. Which ya know, is cool too. More power to her for doing so...just, boring. I can't rationalize much in the way of decent reasoning behind her choosing to do so.

Probably something lame involving "girl power" or some shit.
Old 05.19.2013, 09:59 AM   #23
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Man accused of cheating and living double life refuses to comment on accusations: could his guilt be any more pronounced?

Too cool to comment or had his lips sewn by divorce lawyers? interesting? either way the silence is about as interesting as a slap in the face with a wet kipper!
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2013, 11:11 AM   #24
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Man accused of cheating and living double life refuses to comment on accusations: could his guilt be any more pronounced?

Too cool to comment or had his lips sewn by divorce lawyers? interesting? either way the silence is about as interesting as a slap in the face with a wet kipper!

What should he say? Should he make a public apology to the fans? lol. Should he make a public apology to Kim? Get fucking real.

Keeping his mouth shut makes him a badass. Maybe, for some reason, he doesn't feel guilty. If so, what is it to you? He clearly isn't embarrassed. He hasn't hidden the fact that he has a new romantic interest nor has there been any "lay low 'till it blows over" period. Perhaps he's made a mistake and has moved on to something that makes more sense to him as a person. I don't see anything wrong with that. People fuck up. From what i can tell regarding the issue, Kim's main concern wasn't the fact that he (apparently..) cheated, it was his refusal to stop seeing this other woman. Cleary there was a period to where she knew what was going on and didn't leave him. This says something worth thinking about. Maybe she was just a woman willing to maybe work on things (they went to counseling), and maybe something happened that made him feel more comfortable with what he was doing. Do you know? If so, please enlighten me. Something tells me you don't.

The most interesting thing about this has been fan reaction. Perhaps it shouldn't be.
Old 05.19.2013, 11:22 AM   #25
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Why would she make up that old Thurston cheated on her? Don't be silly.

These things are not always black and white. Maybe in Kim's mind, Thurston cheated. Maybe in his mind, he didn't. Here's an example:

If I were to stop having sex with my wife or stop being affectionate with her or romantic in any way, then the way I see it, I am the one cheating. If my wife would respond to that by seeking sex or romance elsewhere, that would not make her a cheater, since I had effectively stopped being a true husband. If we were famous, then word might get out that my wife had an affair and people would simply view her as a cheater, which would be unfair.

You could make the case that she should have left me before having an affair, but it's not always that simple, especially when children are involved.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that is what happened with Kim and Thurston. I have no idea what happened, and neither do you, unless you have more info than the rest of us. I wouldn't even choose to discuss this in a public forum, but when you called Thurston a villain, I felt the need to present another side of the argument.
Old 05.19.2013, 11:34 AM   #26
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
These things are not always black and white. Maybe in Kim's mind, Thurston cheated. Maybe in his mind, he didn't. Here's an example:

If I were to stop having sex with my wife or stop being affectionate with her or romantic in any way, then the way I see it, I am the one cheating. If my wife would respond to that by seeking sex or romance elsewhere, that would not make her a cheater, since I had effectively stopped being a true husband. If we were famous, then word might get out that my wife had an affair and people would simply view her as a cheater, which would be unfair.

You could make the case that she should have left me before having an affair, but it's not always that simple, especially when children are involved.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that is what happened with Kim and Thurston. I have no idea what happened, and neither do you, unless you have more info than the rest of us. I wouldn't even choose to discuss this in a public forum, but when you called Thurston a villain, I felt the need to present another side of the argument.

agreed. and whilst you've given a decent example, they can become far more complex.
Old 05.19.2013, 01:06 PM   #27
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Keeping his mouth shut makes him a badass.

Are you 12 or something?
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2013, 04:18 PM   #28
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
hehe
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2013, 04:27 PM   #29
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think everyone in the band was bored. It's been obvious they've all been more interested in their work outside of SY for several years.

elaborate?
Old 05.19.2013, 09:23 PM   #30
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
elaborate?

Rather Ripped and The Eternal. Enough said.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2013, 12:54 AM   #31
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
Rather Ripped and The Eternal. Enough said.

This and the fact they often spoke more of their side projects than the actual band itself.
Old 05.20.2013, 01:27 AM   #32
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
Are you 12 or something?

No, I just like seeing adults behave like adults. I.e....no putting all their personal business out there for the masses.
Old 05.20.2013, 01:28 AM   #33
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
What should he say? Should he make a public apology to the fans? lol. Should he make a public apology to Kim? Get fucking real.

Keeping his mouth shut makes him a badass. Maybe, for some reason, he doesn't feel guilty. If so, what is it to you? He clearly isn't embarrassed. He hasn't hidden the fact that he has a new romantic interest nor has there been any "lay low 'till it blows over" period. Perhaps he's made a mistake and has moved on to something that makes more sense to him as a person. I don't see anything wrong with that. People fuck up. From what i can tell regarding the issue, Kim's main concern wasn't the fact that he (apparently..) cheated, it was his refusal to stop seeing this other woman. Cleary there was a period to where she knew what was going on and didn't leave him. This says something worth thinking about. Maybe she was just a woman willing to maybe work on things (they went to counseling), and maybe something happened that made him feel more comfortable with what he was doing. Do you know? If so, please enlighten me. Something tells me you don't.

The most interesting thing about this has been fan reaction. Perhaps it shouldn't be.

It's real funny how you keep defending Thurston so intensely. Should he apologize to the fans? Maybe. I would make some sense. And keeping his mouth shut makes him a badass? Im not saying he should speak but It's just hilarious how you defend every single thing he does or did and try to imply it might be justified. Besides, who likes to talk about something when they themselves are the bad guy, especially when the truth sucks? Nobody. The facts are he cheated. Hes a dick. He not only fucked up his wife but his daughter too. Fuck him. And yes it isn't our business; we should not be talking about it but it doesnt change the fact hes fucking horrible. peace out
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2013, 02:00 AM   #34
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
It's real funny how you keep defending Thurston so intensely. Should he apologize to the fans? Maybe. I would make some sense. And keeping his mouth shut makes him a badass? Im not saying he should speak but It's just hilarious how you defend every single thing he does or did and try to imply it might be justified. Besides, who likes to talk about something when they themselves are the bad guy, especially when the truth sucks? Nobody. The facts are he cheated. Hes a dick. He not only fucked up his wife but his daughter too. Fuck him. And yes it isn't our business; we should not be talking about it but it doesnt change the fact hes fucking horrible. peace out

How or why should he owe the fans an apology? That's just insane.

You don't know what happened, just one side of the story. unless, of course, your privy to special information most fans aren't?
Old 05.20.2013, 02:10 AM   #35
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

"The guy released practically every fart, burp, and sneeze, as well as side projects throughout the band's history, What more do the fans want?"

best quote ever
Old 05.20.2013, 04:34 AM   #36
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How or why should he owe the fans an apology? That's just insane.

You don't know what happened, just one side of the story. unless, of course, your privy to special information most fans aren't?

I said he maybe should. I don't care if he does but fans have made his life possible. He is in the performing arts business and has loyal people who supported him so in that sense it would make sense. not insane. Yes we only know one side. However both sides still say he cheated. 1 thats why he wont talk and 2 she didnt make that shit up. Thats why its fucked. Yr trying to defend a cheater. Who cares if its t moore. Do you think cheating is okay to do? Thats all I'm saying cheating is unacceptable in a marriage no matter what and if you do yr an ass.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2013, 04:51 AM   #37
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I said he maybe should. I don't care if he does but fans have made his life possible. He is in the performing arts business and has loyal people who supported him so in that sense it would make sense. not insane. Yes we only know one side. However both sides still say he cheated. 1 thats why he wont talk and 2 she didnt make that shit up. Thats why its fucked. Yr trying to defend a cheater. Who cares if its t moore. Do you think cheating is okay to do? Thats all I'm saying cheating is unacceptable in a marriage no matter what and if you do yr an ass.
That's only half the truth....he created something fans liked, so they've bought it. An artist should be appreciative of fans, but they don't owe fans shit. It's not like he promised fans anything and failed to follow through. Right or wrong, he did something, something happened, that ended the band for an indefinite period of time, possibly forever (something I doubt. Personally I think there will be more shows but I doubt there will be many). They were together a long time...the couple, and the band. Everything must come to an end. As a fan, the reasoning behind the end is ultimately none of my business. The music is my business as I enjoy listening to it. The band are not my friends or family. I grew up listening to them, not hanging out with. I'm glad I saw them as many times as I did, and while it matters little, I value the fact that I had an opportunity to meet my favorite artists and tell them thanks. Thurston might have fucked up, but he's always been a cool guy. Always nice to fans, always willing to stop and chat. Always willing to sign a record or stop in his tracks for a moment for a picture. Everyone makes mistakes, man. I'm not even sure he considers what he did a mistake. Again, I don't know his side. If he's happy, I'm happy for him. Kim also doesn't necessarily seem to be (currently...) having the worst time of her life. Let's just hope, as fans, they can work this out in a civil manner (part of which would consist of not bashing each other in interviews) for the sake of an otherwise amazing legacy.

I'm not trying to defend Thurston for cheating as much as I am enforcing the fact that his business is not of ours. And I've yet to hear him mention personally that he cheated...just for the record. It's possible I've missed it though as I've not been following interviews too closely.

And I don't think cheating is OK...but I do think (well I know...) it's more common than what most people are willing to admit. People like sex. Sometimes sex leads people to do things that are dishonest. No one is above it. I've done it, and I felt terrible. Likewise, I've been cheated on and it is no doubt an awful feeling. It's bad for everyone involved. Thankfully, the smart ones accept it for what it is and move past it. I still feel the world will be a better place when sex is accepted for what it is as opposed to this fairy tale thing we're grown up being taught about it.
Old 05.20.2013, 06:22 AM   #38
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Apropos of nothing I'm going to say this: how do some people manage to be so staggeringly thick?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2013, 06:53 AM   #39
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yes we only know one side. However both sides still say he cheated.

This sounds like a contradictory statement. Besides Kim, which "side" said he cheated?

I agree with you 100% that cheating on a marriage is completely wrong. That's not the point here. The point is that you don't know if he cheated.
Old 05.20.2013, 08:11 AM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
he cheated. get over it. He stuck his dick into the willing wet maw of a young coopappy. He did this, got caught texting to her, claimed to be willing to do therapy, kept on seeing the new girl while in couple's therapy, etc.

and Jim O'Rourke now does not talk to T because that was his ex.

and Kim keeps calling me to try and make her feel good but my wife won't have it.

EDIT - Real Housewives of Sonic Youth

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth