Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page END TIMES FESTIVAL II - ST PAUL MN JUNE 23 24 25 feat. Boredoms, Oxbow, Borbeto, Lutt
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.17.2006, 12:38 PM   #1
bloodface
little trouble girl

bloodface has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
END TIMES FESTIVAL II - ST PAUL MN JUNE 23 24 25

Borbetomagus
Boredoms
Burning Star Core
Cherry Blossoms
Flying Luttenbachers
Josh Taylor's Friends Forever
Lambsbread
Magik Markers
Mayor Daley
Murder Murder
Nate Denver's Neck
Nmperign
Oxbow
Rusted Shut
SAPAT
Scarcity of Tanks
Smegma
Steve Mackay & Radon Ensemble
Times New Viking
Total Shutdown
Yellow Swans
Yowie
XBXRX
Zip Code Rapists

http://www.freedom-from.com/endtimes

JUNE 23 24 25 Turf Club St. Paul MN

More info including tix more acts etc. soon.

Here are the prior fests that I've done, which Thurston has both played, written and blogged about:

END TIMES FEST I $5 2005
Okan
Taiwan Deth
Caleb Johnston
Hyacinth
Hive Mind
Murder Murder
Sejayno
Nice Nice
Leprechaun
Jesus Balls
John Wiese
Yellow Swans
Occasional Detroit
The Coughs
Death Sentence: Panda!

Or

Destijl/Freedom From Fest II $15 / $25 both days 2003

aaron dilloway
arthur doyle
bridget st john
burning star core
chris corsano / jim o'rourke / paul flaherty / thurston moore action
unit
dead machines
devendra banhart
emil beaulieau
erika elder / matthew valentine
espers
friends forever
fursaxa
gang gang danse
ian nagoski
jackie o motherfucker
jack rose
nmperign
no doctors
no neck blues band
rev. dwight frizzell's black crack revue
the wayne rogers unit
tony conrad
trad gras och stenar
wooden wand and the vanishing voice

Destijl/Freedom From Fest I $10. 2002

Ashcroft
Barlow / Wivinus / Peterson
Joshua Burkett
Charalambides
Double Leopards
Milo Fine
Hall of Fame
Hair Police
Mammal
Heathen Shame (wayne and kate village)
Paul Metzger (of TVBC)
Nautical Almanac
Neon Hunk
Sightings
Six Organs of Admittance
Son of Earth / Flesh On Bone
Viaticum
Little Howlin' Wolf
Wolf Eyes
Michael Yonkers
bloodface is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 12:43 PM   #2
bloodface
little trouble girl

PS, does anyone know what happened to our old accounts on here? I signed up on this board years ago...
Old 04.17.2006, 01:53 PM   #3
bloodface
little trouble girl

Noel Von Harmonson (oscillators/keys in Comets On Fire) confirmed.
Old 04.17.2006, 02:18 PM   #4
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
wow. that line up is crazy.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 04:21 PM   #5
bloodface
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
wow. that line up is crazy.

TY, will you be attending?
Old 04.17.2006, 05:10 PM   #6
ice bat
empty page

ice bat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I am hellishly psyched to see vooredoms. I hope I will be able to get a ticket well in advance -- the TURF CLUB?!?
ice bat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 06:35 PM   #7
bloodface
little trouble girl

Yes, both me and Ryan O'Rourke are loving the appeal of having it here rather than The Fine Line...
Old 04.18.2006, 04:07 AM   #8
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
there are rumours (RUMOURS!!!) that there is a possibility that Boredoms old line up may play instead of V∞redoms. not sure if theres any reason in the world to believe this though so dont get yer hopes up.
somebody said it may be the case on the boredoms group but i think someone else checked it out with booking agent or label or something and they could not confirm a line up for the us shows.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 11:41 PM   #9
ice bat
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodface
Yes, both me and Ryan O'Rourke are loving the appeal of having it here rather than The Fine Line...
No doubt that is an improvement in many ways. My only concerns are about 1) venue size relative to V∞redoms' / Boredoms' drawing power -- I bet the Turf will be PACKED --and 2) advance ticket sales.
Old 04.19.2006, 12:38 PM   #10
bloodface
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice bat
No doubt that is an improvement in many ways. My only concerns are about 1) venue size relative to V∞redoms' / Boredoms' drawing power -- I bet the Turf will be PACKED --and 2) advance ticket sales.

For sure, it could of been in a bigger place, but we likely would not have been able to do much else, nor would we really have control over any other venue. When me and Clint did Destijl/Freedom From II at the Fine Line, they tried to get us to pay an additional $8000.00 for not meeting the food/drink quota the day after the festival. At least with the Turf, we know what we will get. It's a friendly confine, people can easily hang out outside in the back, it's VERY accessable from the highway and there is TONS of parking. Oh, and we get %100 of the door. Whereas the bigger venues that *MIGHT* of been available do not have all of the above, and it will ALWAYS be a split on the door. With the Turf, we are able to see our expenses and revenues in real terms rather than strange floating percentages that come pay time we might not have control over.

I agree, having a room capacity of 1000 would be sweet, but that place currently does not exist with proper parking and door deals.

In terms of advance tickets, we are just about done setting that all up and they will likely go on sale at some point next week, we just need to finalize the bill and finish our negotiations with a ticket provider and decide if they are worth it or if we will just use paypal.

In terms of what Version of the Boredoms are going to be playing on this tour, I have heard in our discussions through Windish that it indeed is sounding like it is the original version of the Boredoms, or something very close to resembling that.

Lastly, Taiwan Deth are now confirmed for this festival, with a few more rolling in shortly...
Old 04.19.2006, 02:06 PM   #11
bloodface
little trouble girl

Slums (aka ex-Sleetmute Nitemute aka Hyacinth aka Nate from Die Monitrr Batss) confirmed.
Old 04.19.2006, 05:31 PM   #12
ice bat
empty page

That all sounds good. As long as I can get advance tickets, and hopefully not quite get crushed to death in the crowd, I'm happy.

Quote:
it indeed is sounding like it is the original version of the Boredoms, or something very close to resembling that.
YAY!

Nice work on De Stijl/Freedom From II, btw. The Fine Line did seem like kind of an odd space for those shows, but it was OK as far as I was concerned -- luckily I didn't have to worry about parking -- and everything seemed like it went well. Too bad they tried to pry $8000 out of you.

Please keep us updated here. Thanks!
Old 04.20.2006, 01:37 PM   #13
bloodface
little trouble girl

Thank you very much. That was a VERY stressful fest. This one we hope won't be as...

OK we have our tickets set up, they will likely go on sale next monday, tues, or wed.

Waiting on confirmations from

Death Sentence: Panda!
T.I.T.S.
Nice Nice
Religious Knives
Wooden Wand
Kevin Drumm
Old 04.20.2006, 02:34 PM   #14
createsounds
little trouble girl

createsounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
forget those dudes from freedom from (matt st.germain or how ever the hell you spell it) ...sneek into the show if there hosting it
.........reason why .............
my friend who runs body building tape sent out an order to him (m.S.g aka freedom from) and that dude keep his 75$ and never sent him a damn thing .......... mind you my friend is only 20 runs a label, lives alone, and has to sponser for everything on the label himself from workn 50+ hours a week at a day job...
he emailed and even called on the telephone .... the only reply he got was once like 3 months later m.s.g. answers his phone and say some stupid shit about he was real sorry and he'll have it in the mail the next day .. now over a year later ... my buddy is still out 75 bucks, never got his shit .... & m.s.g is prolly still smokin crack !!!

SO IF YOUR GONNA GO RIOT !!!!
createsounds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2006, 03:14 PM   #15
bloodface
little trouble girl

Hey, thanks for bringing this up. I've been attempting to get in touch with people who are still owed records. I received subsequent computer crashes losing tons of contacts and information, but you are correct, there really isn't an excuse beyond this as to why your friend does not have his records. However, I have no records of his contact or order and have been posting to various sites to try and rectify these situations. I don't think advocating violence against someone really is the correct route to go, however. If you have an email for your friend, please pm me with it.
Old 04.20.2006, 03:37 PM   #16
createsounds
little trouble girl

createsounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
i know man sorry about that its just hot headed youth ..
i hope you dont take it to heart ......
ill contact him and get him your info... though now he has relocated
createsounds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2006, 04:35 PM   #17
bloodface
little trouble girl

Death Sentence: Panda! confirmed.
Old 04.20.2006, 04:37 PM   #18
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I Am So There
Old 04.20.2006, 10:31 PM   #19
bloodface
little trouble girl

T.I.T.S. confirmed.
Old 04.21.2006, 03:20 PM   #20
bloodface
little trouble girl

Nice Nice eeking towards confirmed...