Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon collaboration with Erica Dawn Lyle and Vice Cooler: "Debt Collector"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2022, 11:52 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry if this has already been posted. From Under The Radar:

Quote:

Erica Dawn Lyle and Vice Cooler Share Video for New Kim Gordon Collaboration "Debt Collector"
LAND TRUST: Benefit for NEFOC Due Out June 3

Erica Dawn Lyle and Vice Cooler have shared a new song, “Debt Collector,” which features Kim Gordon (formerly of Sonic Youth). It is the latest release from Lyle and Cooler’s upcoming benefit compilation album, LAND TRUST: Benefit for NEFOC, which will be out on June 3 exclusively via Bandcamp. View the video, directed by Cooler, here.

Gordon states in a press release: “I’m a bit obsessed with what’s happening with these big financial corporations like Blackrock and Blackstone buying up houses, becoming landlords. They pay far beyond a house’s value, putting home ownership even out of the range of the middle class—much less working class.”

“Kim created a very powerful lyrical statement on real estate and land, and the companies that have been purchasing (and laundering) properties at the expense of low-income and working class housing,” adds Cooler. “Her lyrics really resonated with me because I’ve been displaced from three homes as an adult and I hold a constant anxiety that I won’t be able to obtain stable housing at all—let alone be able to afford a home.”

Update: A representative from BlackRock has gotten in touch with us to dispute a claim in Gordon’s quote. “BlackRock does not buy single-family houses,” they tell us. “BlackRock is an active investor in the U.S. real estate market, but we are not among the institutional investors buying single-family houses.” They also sent us this link. The publicist for LAND TRUST: Benefit for NEFOC, meanwhile, says they stand by Gordon’s quote.

Upon announcement of the compilation earlier this month, Lyle and Cooler shared the Kathleen Hanna collaboration “Mirrorball.”

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2022, 11:59 PM   #2
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Bandcamp link: https://ericadawnlylevicecooler.band...efit-for-nefoc

Personnel:
ERICA DAWN LYLE & VICE COOLER

with

ALI CARTER
ALICE BAG
BRONTEZ PURNELL
CHRISTINA BILLOTTE
EMILY RETSAS
IVY JEANNE
KATHI WILCOX
KATHLEEN HANNA
KATIE ALICE GREER
KELLEY DEAL
KIM GORDON
THE LINDA LINDAS
LOUISAHHH
MIKE WATT
PALBERTA
RACHEL AGGS
THE RAINCOATS
SARAH REGISTER
SATOMI MATSUZAKI
STAR
AH MER AH SU

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 05.21.2022, 12:32 AM   #3
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Sorry if this has already been posted.

YES, it had already been posted by Chris L on the Sonic 2022 thread. Oh well; let's consider this an update. Also, Kim is finally touring No Home Record!

https://kimaltheagordon.com/

Attend & tape & share!

Old 05.26.2022, 12:33 PM   #4
gregpolard
empty page

gregpolard has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Excited to hear this whole thing. Hoping for a physical release.
gregpolard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth