Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page “I’m Not There” Concert Streaming at Wolfgang’s Vault
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2007, 03:05 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
“I’m Not There” Concert Streaming at Wolfgang’s Vault

November 25, 2007 by takecountryback

Registration is free — their archive of concerts is amazing

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/d...6-3737179.html

Published November 24th, 2007
The curious biopic of Bob Dylan “I’m Not There” has spawned an incredible soundtrackhttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=i...o-20&l=ur2&o=1 packed with interpretations of Dylan’s catalog by an all-star lineup– one of the great releases of 2007. On November 7th, a number of the artists who performed on the album including Calexico, Joe Henry, Mark Lanegan, My Morning Jacket and others participated in a concert at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. One of the sponsors of the show was Wolfgang’s Vault who is hosting a streaming version of the show. You need to sign up for the site to listen, but it costs nothing other than some infrequent spam. While you’re there listen to some of the other shows. They are adding content all the time.
Wolfgang’s Vault is notable as the holder of the rights to the classic syndicated radio show King Biscuit Flower Hour as well as a vast collection of shows Bill Graham (aka Wolfgang) recorded at the Fillmores East and West. These shows are free to listen to from the Wolfgang’s Vault and some of them are available for purchase and download.
I sent the Vault an e-mail to see if this show will be available for purchase. I sure hope so! It is a great show. Calexico is on hand doing their instrumental “Billy (Main Theme)” which was an iTunes bonus track. Joe Henry performs with Calexico on “Senior” which was sung by Willie Nelson on the album. Calexico also does a great job backing Mark Lanegan on “Man in the Long Black Coat.
PERFORMERS (in order of appearance):
Marcus Carl Franklin
Calexico
Jim James
Joe Henry
Mark Lanegan
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Mira Billotte with Lee Ranaldo
The Million Dollar Bashers
Gomez
Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks
Terry Adams
Yo La Tengo and Friends
My Morning Jacket
Mason Jennings
John Doe
Jimmy LaFave
Tift Merritt
Lee Ranaldo
J Mascis
The Roots
Click Here to visit the “I’m Not There” Concert at Wolfgang’s Vault.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2007, 03:08 PM   #2
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Well, I've been listening to this all afternoon. Thanks again Moshe.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth