Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth Breaking Up?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.24.2007, 08:19 AM   #41
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
As someone rightly pointed out on a thread somewhere,it'd be good to see Thurston recognized as some sort of modern day Harry Smith.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 08:22 AM   #42
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
They'll eventually be elected as the first "collective" President of the Usa.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 09:16 AM   #43
logcabinrecluse
bad moon rising

logcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asses
the only thing i'm concerned with is that if and when they do break up, that i will have the funds and be able to attend their last show, wherever it is. which better be new york. i doubt i will have to think about this for at least a decade.
Old 01.25.2007, 10:22 AM   #44
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
What is happening with Geffen anyway? Are SY without a proper record label (other than SYR?)
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2007, 10:37 AM   #45
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
They can't break up if they did the world would come to an end.
Old 01.25.2007, 11:42 AM   #46
wolf brother
empty page

wolf brother is a splendid one to beholdwolf brother is a splendid one to beholdwolf brother is a splendid one to beholdwolf brother is a splendid one to beholdwolf brother is a splendid one to beholdwolf brother is a splendid one to beholdwolf brother is a splendid one to behold
amen.
wolf brother is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2007, 03:32 PM   #47
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
There is no reason for SY to break up. Unless one of them said I done making music and I'm going to go and become amish or something, why would they break up? They all can go do other projects be it solo or even start other bands, and still return to Sonic Youth. As long as they remain great friends, who love one another, they can still make records. Just as they've always been, they've always been open to the members of the group going off and doing things outside of Soinc Youth musically or otherwise, and they are still able to come up with new material together. They might want longer breaks from focusing on SY at some point, but I think they are just as productive as they've ever been. "Murray Street", "Sonic Nurse" and "Rather Ripped" all came out rather consecutively from each other. So, they don't seem to lack for material. And regardless of what people might think of some of thier later stuff, the hardcore fans will always get the lastest SY album.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2007, 07:55 PM   #48
lilmissria
empty page

lilmissria ain't too shabbylilmissria ain't too shabby
I highly doubt that this will ever happen.
lilmissria is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth