Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page album review in magazine, plus a free cd!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.18.2006, 09:23 AM   #1
fallingdown
empty page

fallingdown has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i am probably going to lose money on this...so please don't complain!
Issue #2 of the PowPowPow magazine is now on sale. It is a relative bumper issue, in full colour with a great free CD too!
It features interviews with Guillemots, The Mountains Goats, The Boyfriends, The Subways, as well as a feature on Transgressive Records.
As for reviews....it includes albums from Thom Yorke, Beirut, Oh No! Oh My!, An Albatross, Muse, The Upper Room, Sonic Youth, Gnarls Barkley, The Spinto Band, Scott Walker, The Bronx, Semifinalists, Fat Freddy's Drop, The Futureheads, Matmos, TV On The Radio, Tunng....and many more! There's also single reviews of Cord, iLiKETRAiNS, Good Books, Hundred Reasons, Morrissey, etc...
Gig reviews covering Radiohead, Brakes, Futureheads, Camera Obscura, etc...
An unsigned section, plus an all new art&poetry section which is also very nice.
On top of all this is a free CD, with an exclusive new Jeremy Warmsley track as well as efforts by Yeti, Suzerain, 0898 Dave, The Boyfriends, Francois & the Atlas Mountains and It Hugs Back.
To summarise - it's a must buy, and at only £2.50 + P&P, a bit of a bargain too! You'll also help us keep PowPowPow.com going as well!
www.powpowpow.com for info!
fallingdown is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2006, 04:07 PM   #2
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I checked out the Futureheads because I thought they had a really cool name. I thought it was a reference to the Flaming Lips brilliant album Hit to Death in the Future Head. I still don't know if that's true or not, but the band SUCKS!! They are one of the lamest bands I have heard in quite some time. They are like a rip-off of Franz Ferdinand, who also suck. Just bad music. Lame. Pathetic excuse for an "indie" band.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth