Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee Is Free...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2006, 12:19 PM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
When I first became sonic, I couldn't tell the difference between Thurston and Lee's voice for some reason. Now the difference is fucking day and night. Wish Fulfillment.............Mote................true beauty. I know there are threads started on who likes Kim songs or Thurston songs better..........but who likes the lee songs the best? He only has a handful in the SY library compared to Kim and Thurston, but who likes his songs the best?

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:52 PM   #2
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

thethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to all
Semi off topic: Does anyone have a list of Lee's songs?
thethuthinnang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:55 PM   #3
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/sy/song.html

# Blues Blur
# Bookstore
# Come And Smash Me Said The Boy With The Magic Penis
# Electricity
# Eric's Trip
# Genetic
# The Good and the Bad
# Hey Joni
# Hi! Everybody
# Hoarfrost
# In The Kingdom #19
# Karen Koltrane
# Karen Revisited
# Lee #2
# Mote
# My New House
# NYC Ghosts & Flowers
# Pipeline/Kill Time
# Rain King
# Rats
# Saucer-Like
# Skip Tracer
# Wish Fulfillment
# Within You Without You
Old 07.09.2006, 01:02 PM   #4
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

thethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to all
Thank you.
thethuthinnang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 01:25 PM   #5
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i was the same way at first. i remember looking on in the booklet to DDN and thinking 'there's two guy singers?"
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 01:37 PM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
i was the same way at first. i remember looking on in the booklet to DDN and thinking 'there's two guy singers?"
Yeah, me too. I couldn't really tell but then it became as clear as day.
Old 07.09.2006, 01:45 PM   #7
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
same here. i was the same way with john lennon and paul mccatney from the beatles
Old 07.09.2006, 03:11 PM   #8
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
same here. i was the same way with john lennon and paul mccatney from the beatles

I'm from Liverpool and I still can't tell the difference.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 03:16 PM   #9
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I can't tell the difference between Paul and Lennon. I've never had trouble with Thurston and Lee, but I was talking to my friend about them yesterday (he's a relatively new fan) and he stopped me at some point and said, "Wait, there's two male singers?"
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 03:29 PM   #10
paco
empty page

paco ain't too shabby
Lee's songs are ALWAYS the best on each SY record.
paco is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:08 PM   #11
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/sy/song.html

# Blues Blur
# Bookstore
# Come And Smash Me Said The Boy With The Magic Penis
# Electricity
# Eric's Trip
# Genetic
# The Good and the Bad
# Hey Joni
# Hi! Everybody
# Hoarfrost
# In The Kingdom #19
# Karen Koltrane
# Karen Revisited
# Lee #2
# Mote
# My New House
# NYC Ghosts & Flowers
# Pipeline/Kill Time
# Rain King
# Rats
# Saucer-Like
# Skip Tracer
# Wish Fulfillment
# Within You Without You

thanks a lot for the list.

Old 07.09.2006, 04:09 PM   #12
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Does anyone own Lee's East Jesus album. Im gonna buy it soon for sure but just want to know what it's like.

Old 07.09.2006, 04:26 PM   #13
finding nobody
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
Does anyone own Lee's East Jesus album. Im gonna buy it soon for sure but just want to know what it's like.
lee's spoken stories/poetry on top of crazy guitar sounds
Old 07.09.2006, 04:47 PM   #14
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
lee's spoken stories/poetry on top of crazy guitar sounds

That's exactly what I want. Thanks.

Old 07.09.2006, 04:50 PM   #15
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I think he is the best singer.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 05:13 PM   #16
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
He is definitely the best singer, I think. And no, I couldn't tell Thurston and Lee apart at first, but now I can easily. Anyone know why Lee doesn't get as many songs as Thurston or Kim? Is it a lack of writing output?

By the way, anyone else think the fact that Nic Fit and Creme Brulee are on Dirty, yet Genetic is not, is totally fucked up? I know I do.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 05:21 PM   #17
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
He is definitely the best singer, I think. And no, I couldn't tell Thurston and Lee apart at first, but now I can easily. Anyone know why Lee doesn't get as many songs as Thurston or Kim? Is it a lack of writing output?

By the way, anyone else think the fact that Nic Fit and Creme Brulee are on Dirty, yet Genetic is not, is totally fucked up? I know I do.

I read in Confusion is Next that Thurston said SY was originally a place for him and Kim to write songs, so Lee always has the last slots. I think he threatened to quit over Genetic not being on there, as well as the production of Dirty.
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 05:23 PM   #18
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
Alex's Trip

you forgot "Paper Cup Exit"
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 09:20 PM   #19
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, that's probably because Alex copied + pasted that list from the Mustang site, which the Song Section hasn't been updated since the Murray Street era.

And it sure does suck Lee doesn't get more songs (another reason I love Daydream Nation). At least he didn't leave the band though!
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 09:37 PM   #20
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxa
Alex's Trip

you forgot "Paper Cup Exit"
Shit. I added in Rats, but I guess I forgot Nurse wasn't on there.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth