Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page "People Are Dead" with SY soundtrack for download
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.02.2006, 10:10 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.archive.org/details/peopl...iginal_version

People Are Dead (Original Version) (2002)
In 2002 Kevin Ford and Angela Bettis found themselves living in a sublet apartment over Ground Zero. The fact that they were living in the Ground Zero neighborhood so recently after the fall of the Twin Towers inspired them to want to make a film. Kevin had written a movie treatment called 'People Are Dead' with the goal of putting together his closest friends who didn't know one another: Angela, Mia Tyler, Cinque Lee, Tasha Guevara, Eddie Steeples, Pat McNolte, among others. The goal was to make a story that would help to inspire those still living in New York to move forward from the tragedy that left them all feeling shell-shocked and often, mentally stuck. The movie was made over the course of two months for a very low-budget and Kevin succeeded in uniting his talented friends for the project. The movie was the metaphor for creating instead of growing stagnant with depression. After completing principal photography, Kevin ran into Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore at a bagel shop near Ground Zero. He told Thurston about his new movie and told him that his dream was to use a medley of songs from Sonic Youth's expansive library to soundtrack the movie. Thurston enthusiastically encouraged Kevin to use their music and told him not to worry about the rights and clearances, saying that a 'producer' could ultimately clear that up. He told Ford that if their music inspired him that much, then he should follow that instinct and use it. Ford did just that. Unfortunately, no magical producers ever manifested to help him clear the rights. As a result, this original version of 'People Are Dead' has been shelved over the years, and only now through the Internet Archive will it finally be available for people to check out.

The following review of 'People Are Dead' has been reprinted from Rue-Morgue magazine:

From a purely cinematic perspective, New York City is in a class of its own. Hell, it's practically the France of the USA! Where would we be without the likes of Abel Ferrara, Larry Fessenden, and Douglas Buck? Well, add to that list director Kevin Ford, who proves with 'People Are Dead' that NYC continues to command the American independent horror film. 'People Are Dead' follows an array of characters loosely connected by the exploits of one of the most sympathetic necrophiliacs in filmdom: a misunderstood young woman who kidnaps dead bodies to shower them with more love and affection than they ever received when alive. With Cassavetes-inspired cinema verite, totally naturalistic performances, and a soundtrack made up entirely of Sonic Youth songs, 'People Are Dead' is Kevin Ford's love letter to New York City's dark undercurrents. As one character puts it, "New York is scary, right? That's what it's meant to be. It's not meant to be friendly. It's the big, bad city." -Stuart Andrews

Director: Kevin Ford
Producer: Kevin Ford
Production Company: Mo-Freek
Audio/Visual: sound, color
Language: English
Contact Information: info@mo-freek.com

Creative Commons license: Attribution-NoDerivs

CAST: Angela Bettis, Mia Tyler, Eddie Steeples, Tasha Guevara, Cinque Lee, Kevin Ford, Will Keenan

WRITER/DIRECTOR/DP/EDITOR: Kevin Ford

MUSIC: Sonic Youth

Dowload here:
http://www.archive.org/download/peop...inalpeople.mov
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2006, 10:44 AM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
THANKS A LOT moshe
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2006, 04:53 PM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for info moshe.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2006, 03:57 AM   #4
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Does anybody know any good free software that converts mov files to DVD?
Old 08.03.2006, 04:53 AM   #5
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
Does anybody know any good free software that converts mov files to DVD?

There are many converters on the market, but the best ones are not free.
I've had bad experiences with free ones. I use MainConcept Mpeg Encoder 1.5 and it's great. No errors in converting.

You can also try these sites for more info:
www.softpedia.com
www.brothersoft.com
Old 08.03.2006, 09:46 AM   #6
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
hey how do you download the movie...is quicktime pro needed?
any help appreciated
Old 08.03.2006, 10:51 AM   #7
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipvacuum
any help appreciated
just click with the right button on the link and choose "save target as".
Old 08.03.2006, 10:56 AM   #8
nicfit
invito al cielo

you must do this with the last link moshe posted,the one ending with .mov .
Old 08.03.2006, 07:51 PM   #9
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
just click with the right button on the link and choose "save target as".

yeah that's what i thought i had to do..i usually check out this site (and most others)with mozilla firefox...and when i right click on the link with it..it doesn't give me that option.....i'm not sure if "save as" is the same thing with firefox.but i used internet explorer and "save target as" worked allright...so thanks much for the help
Old 08.04.2006, 01:16 AM   #10
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still downloading it from when I started an hour or so ago.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2006, 01:17 AM   #11
Moshe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
PS- How's the baby?!

You should have told me before it is not a walk in the park with 2 kids
Old 08.04.2006, 01:21 AM   #12
Moshe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
There are many converters on the market, but the best ones are not free.
I've had bad experiences with free ones. I use MainConcept Mpeg Encoder 1.5 and it's great. No errors in converting.

You can also try these sites for more info:
www.softpedia.com
www.brothersoft.com

Thanks, i''l check them out.
Old 08.04.2006, 02:52 AM   #13
Moshe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
I DID tell you! And it gets harder man, but you know you love it.

It gets harder?
You and Kegpapa should get an award for raising two kids without losing it.
Old 08.04.2006, 03:01 AM   #14
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipvacuum
any help appreciated

You don't need QT pro. Just install standard QT here. After installing go to the file and wait till the whole film is ready for viewing. Only then, can you download it to your harddrive by clicking the arrow in the bottom righthand corner and save as.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth