Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page 'Cross the Breeze thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2006, 08:15 AM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
My friend was playing this on acoustic guitar the other day. Amazing song.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 09:45 AM   #42
sToon
empty page

sToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud ofsToon has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneg
Agreed. What are the chances they'll resurrect this song live?
When Lee was in Hasselt for Drift last month someone asked him if they could play Cross The Breeze when SY would perform in Brussels a few weeks later (which was 2 weeks ago)... Lee replied they weren't going tp play Cross The Breeze in Brussels, but he said "that Cross The Breeze will definitely be happening in Belgium in 2007." Meaning that they'll pick that song up again, and will probably be performing in Belgium again next year !!!
sToon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 11:33 AM   #43
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sToon
When Lee was in Hasselt for Drift last month someone asked him if they could play Cross The Breeze when SY would perform in Brussels a few weeks later (which was 2 weeks ago)... Lee replied they weren't going tp play Cross The Breeze in Brussels, but he said "that Cross The Breeze will definitely be happening in Belgium in 2007." Meaning that they'll pick that song up again, and will probably be performing in Belgium again next year !!!

that makes me really happy!
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 12:14 PM   #44
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Cross the Breeze in Pittsburgh summer 2007 would make me cream myself.

When I saw them last summer they did Silver Rocket, Candle, and Eric's Trip. So, it seems they are getting into DDN gear.

I love 'Cross the Breeze- the way the rhythm section just pounds being really lead by Steve's drum beats.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 07:29 PM   #45
crystalline hobo
empty page

crystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's assescrystalline hobo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
i'm guessing he sang the early live versions because they hadn't written the definitive lyrics yet... on those cbgb's boots it actually sounds like he's just improvising something. since they most of the time have the person writing the lyrics also singing the song, i suppose kim came up with the final lyrics after those shows and ended up singing it... but apparently thurston also sometimes writes lyrics that kim then ends up singing, like starpower (thurston sings on all the live versions though) and plastic sun.

is that why she sings the line 'she knows how to make love to me', starting an appealing trend of lesbianism in her songs, which repeated itself recently with 'Reena'.
(lesbianism is defintely a word)
crystalline hobo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 11:36 PM   #46
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
wait, wait, wait, there are people who don't like the sprawl? how? i mean, how? the 2nd half is quite possibly the most ethereal, nebulous, otherworldly sound they've ever done.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2006, 01:03 AM   #47
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
wait, wait, wait, there are people who don't like the sprawl? how? i mean, how? the 2nd half is quite possibly the most ethereal, nebulous, otherworldly sound they've ever done.

i agree. i love The Sprawl; they should bring 'cross the breeze & the sprawl back
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth