Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page You Should Have Been There: Stories of the Best Show Ever
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.13.2013, 10:52 AM   #1
stophereyes
little trouble girl

stophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston Moore is appearing in this reading event as part of the Downtown Literary Festival at McNally Jackson, Sunday April 14.

3:00PM–3:45PM You Should Have Been There: Stories of the Best Show Ever
McNally Jackson Books
Alan Light, Elissa Schappell (Blueprints for Building Better Girls) Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) Ariana Reines, Nikolai Fraiture (The Strokes), Patrick Stickles (Titus Andronicus), & Marc Ribot, tell us about the best NYC show they ever went to.

http://mcnallyjackson.com/event/down...cnally-jackson
stophereyes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2013, 11:39 AM   #2
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
this sounds like a whole lotta fun. i wish i could be there. i wonder what thurston's is gonna be, im sure hes seen his fair share

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
tell me that someone is going to videotape this
i'd like to hear what he's got to say
or just to sit thru his list even
i can just imagine
Old 04.15.2013, 05:02 PM   #4
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston talked about a Patti Smith show at CBGB's in which Patti had a table placed in the center of the club for Williams Burroughs. But he also talked about taking a piss (his words) next to Elvis Costello. And then later Elvis joined Patti on stage. I think those two things happened at the same show but possibly two different Patti shows. But before that he told that story about how he asked Joey Ramone where CBGB's was and how he offered him a ride. I'm sorry to say I didn't film him but I should of because I was right in front of him. I took two pictures.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2013, 05:27 PM   #5
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
Thurston talked about a Patti Smith show at CBGB's in which Patti had a table placed in the center of the club for Williams Burroughs. But he also talked about taking a piss (his words) next to Elvis Costello. And then later Elvis joined Patti on stage. I think those two things happened at the same show but possibly two different Patti shows. But before that he told that story about how he asked Joey Ramone where CBGB's was and how he offered him a ride. I'm sorry to say I didn't film him but I should of because I was right in front of him. I took two pictures.

sweet! thanks for the update. is there anyway you can regale us some of your other favorite tales from the night?

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2013, 06:17 PM   #6
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
I don't remember two of the people but one guy talked about Sleater-Kinney. The bassist from The Strokes was there and he talked but I don't remember what band he talked about. Only two women spoke. The first one was terrible, I don't even remember if she even talked about a band. But the other woman told an amazing story. She first thought she was going to talk about a Sonic Youth show she saw at CBGB's in 1988. Then she talked about a Patti Smith show in Prospect Park in 1995. Then she talked about Patti's New Year's Eve show in 1998.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth