Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston on new Lydia Lunch documentary, 'The War Is Never Over'
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.15.2019, 08:57 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
I believe this is the 726th music doc to feature T. Not that there's anything wrong with it. From The Wire:

Quote:
Following a successful Kickstarter campaign, Beth B's Lydia Lunch: The War Is Never Over finally hits the big screen in New York City

Film maker and longtime collaborator Beth B's new career-spanning documentary Lydia Lunch: The War Is Never Over is structured around the themes that have inspired Lunch since her 1970s no wave breakthrough band Teenage Jesus And The Jerks: patriarchy, sexual abuse, violence, corporate greed and resistance.

Funded by a Kickstarter campaign, the film follows Lunch at rehearsals and on tour with her band Retrovirus. Alongside interviews with its main subject, it also talks to Thurston Moore, Kembra Pfahler, Jim Sclavunos, Donita Sparks and Nicolas Jaar, among others. The world premiere of Lydia Lunch: The War Is Never Over happens at New York Greenwich Village IFC Center on 9 November.

Trailer on Vimeo.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2019, 09:36 PM   #2
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
(Hmm, the thread's title should have been "Thurston in new Lydia Lunch documentary...", right? Sorry, I don't really speaky the English. I'm a Bad Hombre...)

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth