Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Roger Waters Asserts He Is "Far, Far, Far More Important" Than Drake or The Weeknd
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.18.2022, 07:26 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/...ore-important/

Well, he's not wrong, but that bar is pretty fuckin' low.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2022, 07:30 PM   #2
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
A pitiful attempt by a musical dinosaur to try and milk a few more dollars out of both boomers who still think it's the 70s and misguided teens who wish that it was.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2022, 05:27 PM   #3
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Drake. The Weekend. Lol.

Roger was never very humble, but he's right.
Old 08.07.2022, 02:18 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
A pitiful attempt by a musical dinosaur to try and milk a few more dollars out of both boomers who still think it's the 70s and misguided teens who wish that it was.
hahahahaha i just found this comment and i remembered when you were deeply moved by "the wall" because teen angst or something and i said run away from that thing as fast as you can ha ha ha ha.

anyway, "misguided teens" hahahahahahha. i enjoyed your secret personal joke. would rep if i could.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2022, 05:46 PM   #5
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hahahahaha i just found this comment and i remembered when you were deeply moved by "the wall" because teen angst or something and i said run away from that thing as fast as you can ha ha ha ha.

anyway, "misguided teens" hahahahahahha. i enjoyed your secret personal joke. would rep if i could.
lol - I don't think I was joking, although I was trying to be a bit deliberately provocative. I do like The Wall as an album (even if it grew off me recently and yes I know what you think) but that was probably despite the cheesy melodrama, not because of it.
Old 08.08.2022, 07:33 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
lol - I don't think I was joking, although I was trying to be a bit deliberately provocative. I do like The Wall as an album (even if it grew off me recently and yes I know what you think) but that was probably despite the cheesy melodrama, not because of it.
oh i read it not like a provocation towards others but like self-deprecatory humor hahaha.

that was probably my own self-deprecation projecting itself, because once upon a time i used to looooove the stuff and even knew how to play some of the songs on guitar. but in retrospect it never did me any good lololol, and i can't stand any of it these days.

melodrama can be enjoyable though, i'd recommend douglas sirk, and fassbinder, and some of almodóvar.
Old 08.08.2022, 09:29 AM   #7
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh i read it not like a provocation towards others but like self-deprecatory humor hahaha.
Oh, I can see why you'd see it that way! But no, I was going for a genuine thing, there's a lot of teens who should grow out of their "music was much better back in the day" thing.

The only melodrama I need is Lorde's album.
Old 08.08.2022, 06:20 PM   #8
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Yikes. Waters on CNN today. I admire his bravado, but I do think he has a few things wrong.
Old 08.10.2022, 10:58 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh, I can see why you'd see it that way! But no, I was going for a genuine thing, there's a lot of teens who should grow out of their "music was much better back in the day" thing.

The only melodrama I need is Lorde's album.

oh right right. music probably was "better back in the day" because the odds are heavily stacked in favor of the past, considering how long humans have been making music and what it takes to survive "the test of time" or whatever, lol. but there was a megaton of shitty unlistenable music back in the day too. it's just presently unavailable to us due to this survivor bias.

and yeah there are at times also cultural golden eras... just look at history you can see how culture and intelligence and certain art forms exploded at certain times (and in certain places).

anyway i tried lorde's album upon your implicit recommendation. i lasted all of 5 seconds with it hahahahaaa.

of course what will survive into the future varies from person to person. what gets curated, what gets rediscovered, that changes with time too. for whatever reason i'm very partial to late 50s jazz...

and yeah coltrane and miles and mingus and monk and art blakey and ornette and sony rollins [and bud powell!!] are wayyyyyyyy way way more important than roger fucking waters lmao.

jesus fucking christ i need to clean my ears and listen to brilliant corners right now.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth