Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page About Early American in Kill Yr Idols -vinyl
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.18.2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
There is an version about Early American in youtube that is taken from Confusion is sex-cd (where is Kill Yr Idols-ep as a bonus). That version ends just before the "cave-shoutings" would start (they are in all live versions I`ve heard). That youtube version ends like somebody cuts the recording while bands still playing. Somebody who have that original vinyl, could you tell me is the version exactly same or has there been some mistake when itīs put on the cd? I didnīt find any information about that from discography pages.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
The "cave shouting" is the Scream tape that they recorded during their time in Switzerland in June 1983. It was only used on live versions of "Early American", typically to segue into "Burning Spear". The youtube link you refer to is the full studio version from "Kill Yr Idols" (indeed with four minutes of silence at the end).
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
The "cave shouting" is the Scream tape that they recorded during their time in Switzerland in June 1983. It was only used on live versions of "Early American", typically to segue into "Burning Spear". The youtube link you refer to is the full studio version from "Kill Yr Idols" (indeed with four minutes of silence at the end).
Thanx for the reply. I think itīs a little shame that studioversion ends like that. But that seems to be one of the Sonic-songs that evolved. I think that live version is absolutely fabulous!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth