Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim in new Assayas film
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.11.2008, 03:27 PM   #21
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
where you get the snaps from?

check your pm.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2008, 02:36 PM   #22
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Olivier Assayas interview:

CS: I was surprised to see Kim Gordon (of Sonic Youth) show up in that part of the movie as the head of the Triad. Did you do any research into the Chinese criminal world?
Assayas:
No, I did not. This is sort of cartoonish in a way I suppose. She's both. It makes sense in that she's not a Mafia type. She's someone who does business there and has connections here and there, but she's someone who is in textiles and she designs stuff that are made in factories in China, which is one of the important elements in the Chinese and world economy today. I didn't have to research that too far, but Kim had spent a few of her teenage years in Hong Kong, so all of a sudden, while I was writing the character, I knew she wanted to act--she had been in Gus van Sant's film. Basically, she does want to act, so I thought why not ask her? I thought it would be funny because she hadn't been in Hong Kong since and at that point, Sonic Youth were in Australia so she just came for a couple days.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42748

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth