Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page RAP
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.28.2008, 04:42 PM   #61
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I like that jenn likes rap and can talk about it like it's science.

doubleplusgood.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2008, 05:09 PM   #62
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I remember that. That fucking album is one of my faves I was listening to that when it came out I was in intermidiate school...

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2008, 05:56 PM   #63
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
J Dilla
Quasimoto

and the obvious ones of course.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2008, 05:57 PM   #64
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
BEST RAP SONG EVER ULTRA MAGNETIC MC'S

I get in shape and do my physical fitness
Your head's numb, so your brains a miss this
Pick 'em up, eat 'em up, pick 'em up, beat 'em up
Pick 'em up pimplehead, pick 'em up picky
I roll wit globs and I come real sticky
Ripping the mic, I plug it up in your ears
Crazed and brewer. I'm coming out like beers
Like Rheingold, Miller, Coors, and Buds
I'm a eat 'em wit popcorn and treat 'em like suds you duds
Coming out the wick wack, wicky, wickable wack
Black jack, that's a fact, writing exact behind your back
The funk rhyme to master, blaster
Kicking up in a brainstorm, rainstorm
Rap storm, rap form
Rap time, rap rhyme
Rap class, I'm here to fail and to pass
To continue, from the more, hype tip
I roll and rock, rock and roll
Jazz and pop, rhythm and Blues
Dance and fusion, pain confusion
Look at the lights, what a night on the town
I'm Poppa Large, big shot on the East coast(4x)

Now I'm back to funk, freak the funk
Hype the funk, swipe the funk and all that junk
I get busy on 'em, communicate wit the world
Man, woman, a baby boy and a girl
Poppa large looking out the pawn shop
Taking stroud while your face and arms drop
Stop, look, learn to read, learn to write
Learn to talk, learn to walk
And watch your step though, I'm hype and ripe though
Kleptomaniac, my rhyme is psycho
A Ricky Ricardo, a Guy Lombardo
Sporting a ragtop, an El Dorado
Step into Hollywood, I'm screening the boulevards
The rhymes is gain type, I'm ready to pull it's card
Jack or Ace, King or Queen, call me the deuce
I'm pouring out like juice
Hitting the top, feeling the rim
Getting a trim, I never rhyme like them
On and on, on and on, on and on
Until the break of dawn
I go overtime, rock the mic in nighttime
Daytime, switching off to Primetime
Specifically, strolling back in the west time
Rock the funk wit the mic in the east rhyme
Hype and dope, hype the frame, the mic is smoking
Yo, I ain't joking
Rhyme to kill, rhyme to murder, rhyme to stomp
Rhyme to ill, rhyme to romp
Rhyme to smack, rhyme to shock, rhyme to roll
Rhyme to destroy anything decoy boy
On the microphone
I'm poppa large, big shot on the east coast(4X)

You're dripping sweaty, coming hard on your neck
As I flow and grow from head to toe
Seeking a style like John Mcenroe
Dissing 'em all, serving them wit the mic stand
Like Prince and Michael coming out wit a big band
The crowd is loud, you can pay as teh manager
Run wit the money, I pull the trigger and damage ya
Boom, taking life more serious
I may sound lyrical and very mysterious
Rhymes are grip tight, no grams to kill more
A son of Sam, how could I begin more
Grabbing the mic, you see the dark and shadows
You're in living hell, the funk, pound to pound
The funk ignited, hands are writing, brains dividing
I'm coming out in sighting
Like I'm Blackula, a better man that Dracula
Spectacular and not irregular
In fact you are speaking impopular
Rhymes are moved and you can't be stop wit the
Beat as it goes to the rhyme that flows
Like a coke in a straw burning up in your nose
That's a bad habit, stepping out on stage one
Drop the mic, come and turn to page one
Look at the master, my range is higher
My lyrical burns, your brain's on fire
Poppa Large, big shot on the east coast(8X)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkPsYvOgTtI

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Old 02.29.2008, 03:08 PM   #65
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i though pharrell's production (and i seriously found out WAY later that pharell produced hell hath...) is too smooth and without any personality, i really though it was a chore to listen to the whole album.

have you heard 3 6's mystic stylez? now those are lyrics! later, when they dropped the satanic/serial killer rhymes, became about the beats, no question about it.

anybody else into cage here?

i agree with you about pharrell's production on 'hell hath.' it has no character and nowhere near the same amount of grit that was on 'lord willin.' the only thing that saves that album IS clipse.

and 3/6 has the production on lock these days, but they're still kinda lacking in the lyrics department. i'll agree that after they dropped the satan thing, they gotta better (the total opposite happened to bone thuggs n harmony, but that's a different story).

everyone, drop what you're doing and download lil wayne's "the leak 2." hands down, best lyricist in a long time.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 03:49 PM   #66
al shabbray

label wise I would go for anticon and def jux. especially anticon are the most experimental hip hop bastards Ive ever listened to, for axample themselves and especially clouddead. clouddead are just beautiful
http://www.myspace.com/catsleeph
thats how it sounds if a die hard SY fan couldnt find anybody around playing in an experimental rock group...because of that starting to make beats...
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 07:24 PM   #67
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
experimental doesn't necessarily equate to good.

anticon isn't hip hop. it's trayash.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 07:50 PM   #68
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
i agree with you about pharrell's production on 'hell hath.' it has no character and nowhere near the same amount of grit that was on 'lord willin.' the only thing that saves that album IS clipse.

and 3/6 has the production on lock these days, but they're still kinda lacking in the lyrics department. i'll agree that after they dropped the satan thing, they gotta better (the total opposite happened to bone thuggs n harmony, but that's a different story).

everyone, drop what you're doing and download lil wayne's "the leak 2." hands down, best lyricist in a long time.

the thing is that 3/6 used to be about the beats and the rhymes, amazing. the last one wasn't that good if you ask me, most known unknown is still very awesome, i liked that they evolved, in a way.

and really, bone thuggs used to be great, before they got too r&b.

and lil' wayne is great.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 07:16 AM   #69
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
listening to anticon is like eating a bowl of jizz
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 07:58 AM   #70
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Gotta love the Welsh rap

Listening to Anticon is less fun than eating a bowl of jizz, and far more indie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 08:12 AM   #71
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Keep it BS5 yeah?
Yeah! Rubbish bedroom videos!
Bristol, yeah?
Mo' local shit.

Don't get out to the local nights as much as I should. Shocking really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 10:48 AM   #72
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

SORRY BUT FUCK lil wayne I met the bastard & he could eat a bag of dick fuck di bwoy he kissed his daddy...

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Old 03.01.2008, 11:45 AM   #73
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
most known unknon is awesome and the best 3 6, but they dont have one iota the lyrical skills of malice and pusha t.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth