Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Nugs.net concert downloads questions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.30.2019, 11:02 PM   #21
shallow27
children of satan

shallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's asses
Unofficial, official, who cares... in my opinion every concert should be shared for free, it's live music wtf... if the band or ¿companies? involved want money for this stuff it's ok but I won't pay for that. I mean... paying for listening a '88 gig done in a dark club in front of 500 persons? too snob and pathethic in every sense.
shallow27 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2019, 08:13 PM   #22
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
the concert footage for the Glasgow show is available on nugs, though I'm unsure how to access it once its been bought. i can stream it on my phone but not on the laptop. submitted a help request to nugs tuesday morning but haven't heard back yet.

its a video on demand arrangement, so you're basically renting access to the video.
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2019, 08:46 PM   #23
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
the concert footage for the Glasgow show is available on nugs, though I'm unsure how to access it once its been bought. i can stream it on my phone but not on the laptop. submitted a help request to nugs tuesday morning but haven't heard back yet.

its a video on demand arrangement, so you're basically renting access to the video.

Wow... I can't find it, though; I think I'm looking in the wrong place, as I only see the audio recording. Wait - I gotta register first, right? Anyway, if it's gonna be stream-only, it'll be a big disappointment for me, as I was expecting this stuff to be downloadable as Lee's In Doubt, Shadow Him! was/is.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2019, 08:50 PM   #24
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
If you click buy, then you can see HD Video as an option.

I think you can stream it indefinitely if you subscribe which is $13 bux a month, or you can pay 12.95 bux once and rent it for a few days. Registering is free and you can still purchase shows for streaming indefinitely a la carte.
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2019, 09:07 AM   #25
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
is there a download option?
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2019, 06:18 PM   #26
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shallow27
in my opinion every concert should be shared for free, it's live music wtf.

Why should everyone give away their work for free?

Do you work for free?

Artists are do not deserve to be robbed of their work.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2019, 08:46 PM   #27
shallow27
children of satan

shallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Why should everyone give away their work for free?

Do you work for free?

Artists are do not deserve to be robbed of their work.

The 'work' in this case was to play years ago in front of people, maybe I'm wrong but not all those recordings are soundboards from the band... it's obvious what you said, an artist deserves money for his work but when I go to a museum and I take pictures or videos to share it later I don't think I'm stealing anything sorry. Sonic Youth are not Michael Jackson or Madonna, it's sad to commercialize everything... anyway I didn't want to sound rude (my english sucks and doesn't help), just my opinion.
Old 02.26.2019, 02:48 PM   #28
gabdeg
empty page

gabdeg has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I can't even stream it. It immediately tells me there has been a problem with the connection.
gabdeg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2019, 11:13 PM   #29
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The 'work' in this case was to play years ago in front of people, maybe I'm wrong but not all those recordings are soundboards from the band... it's obvious what you said, an artist deserves money for his work but when I go to a museum and I take pictures or videos to share it later I don't think I'm stealing anything sorry. Sonic Youth are not Michael Jackson or Madonna, it's sad to commercialize everything... anyway I didn't want to sound rude (my english sucks and doesn't help), just my opinion.

That's right it is just YOUR opinion, just like its the band's OPINION to make the live recordings available to try to earn abit from it. If you have a beef with artists trying to profit off of live recordings you're in a losing minority. It's an endless list of artists have released live recordings as official documents of their work. Your argument just doesn't hold enough weight in the overall world of music entertainment. A majority of artists/bands in the overall profit scheme of the music industry make much less profit these days on official recordings whether its live or live or studio. Its unfortunate reality of the digital age, artists/bands are forced to tour to make their living, its not as glamorous as it may all seem.

If you don't like it nobody is forcing you to buy it, but expecting it to be free is rather selfish.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2019, 09:36 PM   #30
shallow27
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
That's right it is just YOUR opinion, just like its the band's OPINION to make the live recordings available to try to earn abit from it. If you have a beef with artists trying to profit off of live recordings you're in a losing minority. It's an endless list of artists have released live recordings as official documents of their work. Your argument just doesn't hold enough weight in the overall world of music entertainment. A majority of artists/bands in the overall profit scheme of the music industry make much less profit these days on official recordings whether its live or live or studio. Its unfortunate reality of the digital age, artists/bands are forced to tour to make their living, its not as glamorous as it may all seem.

If you don't like it nobody is forcing you to buy it, but expecting it to be free is rather selfish.

1. I've never said that bands have no right to earn money with live recordings or whatever
2. I've never said that anybody is forcing me to buy those recordings
3. I know music industry is in crisis etc... and some great bands have to go on tour despite they are old or tired
4. I don't expect anything for free, those shows are not new actually, they're just best quality or more complete so I'll survive without them

For me to be musician or artist is not exactly a work, it can become a job, you can make money from your art but it's not a WORK in the classical sense, in fact even when artists die they're making money for others (Kurt Cobain...); my point of view maybe is selfish or idealistic or romantic or weak, forgive me but I still find sad to have to pay for an amateur recording of an alternative group (and for my english...). I will say no more about this issue... enjoy the recordings
Old 03.02.2019, 09:04 AM   #31
captgriff
empty page

captgriff has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Any idea what happened to the shows for sale on Nugs? I purchased one show a few months ago, went back yesterday for a few more, but...they're all gone (at least they appear to be for me). Any news?
captgriff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2019, 09:53 AM   #32
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgriff
Any idea what happened to the shows for sale on Nugs? I purchased one show a few months ago, went back yesterday for a few more, but...they're all gone (at least they appear to be for me). Any news?

we (or at least myself then) were not aware, I haven't seen anyone else complain about it on this forum. It looks like SY has completely disappeared from the nugs site. Even the link that was on the news article on the SY.com site is now dead and returns to the main nugs.net site:
http://nugs.net/browse/artists/1137/...flac-downloads

note though that I am not logged in (I hadn't registered yet) but I do have access to other artists, would be weird if SY was suddenly hyper secured and any other artist wasn't.

(edit 1: I sent nugs.net's helpdesk a mail to see if they have a reason for it. I'll let you know on this thread if there's an answer)

(edit 2: they are still available on this other site: http://download.pearljam.com/live-mu...downloads.html which seems legit to me)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2019, 10:32 AM   #33
captgriff
empty page

Thanks! Hope it's just a glitch!
Old 03.05.2019, 10:28 AM   #34
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I got a reply from nugs.net. They say that it's a temporary problem and they are working on restoring the SY shows back onto their site.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2019, 08:28 AM   #35
captgriff
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I got a reply from nugs.net. They say that it's a temporary problem and they are working on restoring the SY shows back onto their site.

Excellent! Thanks for the good news!
Old 03.09.2019, 07:12 AM   #36
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgriff
Excellent! Thanks for the good news!

I can see them - so appears to be fixed.
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2019, 12:30 AM   #37
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
2 new gigs! 05/22/87 Trenton, NJ and 08/20/04 Asheville, NC. There's some background details on Trenton, but nothing on the Asheville recording.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2019, 09:25 AM   #38
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
great news! I bought 08/20/04 and it sounds stunning. I hope there will be more soundboard recordings from the Nurse era.
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2019, 01:29 PM   #39
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
1. I've never said that bands have no right to earn money with live recordings or whatever
2. I've never said that anybody is forcing me to buy those recordings
3. I know music industry is in crisis etc... and some great bands have to go on tour despite they are old or tired
4. I don't expect anything for free, those shows are not new actually, they're just best quality or more complete so I'll survive without them

For me to be musician or artist is not exactly a work, it can become a job, you can make money from your art but it's not a WORK in the classical sense, in fact even when artists die they're making money for others (Kurt Cobain...); my point of view maybe is selfish or idealistic or romantic or weak, forgive me but I still find sad to have to pay for an amateur recording of an alternative group (and for my english...). I will say no more about this issue... enjoy the recordings

I suppose some of what is being conveyed is also being misunderstood...

However, one of your last statements noting "amateur recording" is incorrect on "some" of these live recordings being made available. Some (but not all) on this site are professionally recorded especially those from 90's thru 00's/10's and mixed by SY tech(s) (i.e. Arron Mullen).

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2019, 05:00 PM   #40
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
It's not unreasonable to have mixed feelings about people putting up old live recordings to try to make an easy buck. If those recordings were worth anything why wait all these years? I love music and everything but i have no sympathy for people who are acting entitled about making money from something that is a hobby for 99% of people who do it.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth