Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Daydream Nation Russian bootleg????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.27.2020, 03:08 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...moscow-958642/

Has anyone heard this bootleg? It states that 300 vinyls were pressed, and that it is available somehow. It appears on Spotify.. https://open.spotify.com/album/2ye0gy2WANRQueqM0R3j5R

here is the vinyl https://feelee.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-moscow-2
Old 02.28.2020, 02:49 AM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
SPIN: Lee, I wanted to ask you about Sonic Youth’s Live In Moscow (April 1989) album that came out this month. How do things work with archival projects now that the band’s no longer active, are you involved in picking things out for release or is there someone tending to all of that?

LR: We have a couple of engineers and archivist people that we work with. But we’re still all interested in it, we’ve been maintaining a massive archive that continues to grow. Steve Shelley has been really active in it, and the rest of us a little bit less so, but I’ve been pretty active in helping put together the last bunch of packages that come out. In this case, this guy from Russia just said: “Hey, I’ve got this tape of the show” that we had never heard before, and he wanted to put it out. We kind of batted the idea back and forth of whether we wanted to go that route, and in the end, we gave him our blessings to do it.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2020, 05:10 AM   #3
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
it's been discussed in the Sonic 2019 thread (bottom of page 4 and page 5). It was streamed on that bandcamp page for a few days and I had a chance to listen to it, it sounds amazing.

Streaming is now disabled as per their statement:
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER THE COPYRIGHT AGREEMENT WE CANNOT PROVIDE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, SO ALL SONGS PRESENTED HERE AS 30 SECOND EXCERPTS

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2020, 09:42 AM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the whole thing is available streaming on Spotify
Old 02.28.2020, 09:44 AM   #5
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't consider it a bootleg cuz its released with permission from the band. It sounds great compared to other live recordings from that era.
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2020, 10:27 AM   #6
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone else tired of all the focus on live Daydream Nation? Half the nugs shows seemed chosen due to their heavy DN content...great album, but it would be nice to see this much devotion to almost any other era of the band.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 02.28.2020, 03:54 PM   #7
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
I feel you Chris. Looking forward to some selections from the sweet spot of '85-'87
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2020, 07:59 PM   #8
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Anyone else tired of all the focus on live Daydream Nation? Half the nugs shows seemed chosen due to their heavy DN content...great album, but it would be nice to see this much devotion to almost any other era of the band.

That's why the live NYC Ghosts & Flowers is a-comin'.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2020, 02:34 PM   #9
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I totally agree. Beginning with the 'Pretty Fucking Dirty Tour' in 1992, I've seen SY a total of 19 times. There was a moment during 'Rain on Tin' at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta [2002] when I felt like SY was at the absolute peak of their powers...as musicians...as players...as performers, etc. Would love to see something from the Murray Street/Sonic Nurse era...
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2020, 07:36 PM   #10
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Anyone else tired of all the focus on live Daydream Nation?

I did groan when I first saw the Moscow show announced, in light of the so-so boots of the past few years, but it does kick the shit out of all of those.
I paid full whack straight from Russia but still considered it money well spent (even though later copies on the Euro webstore were almost half that price ).
But yeah, there's gotta be fresher veins to tap now..
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2020, 10:49 PM   #11
Chris Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
I totally agree. Beginning with the 'Pretty Fucking Dirty Tour' in 1992, I've seen SY a total of 19 times. There was a moment during 'Rain on Tin' at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta [2002] when I felt like SY was at the absolute peak of their powers...as musicians...as players...as performers, etc. Would love to see something from the Murray Street/Sonic Nurse era...

The Chicago 2002 show they release through Nugs is fantastic, but it features ALL FOUR of the Daydream Nation songs in the set on that tour, which kinda loops back to my earlier comment.

The 2004 gig they released is SENSATIONAL.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth