Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2022, 05:28 AM   #3601
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_

I finally watched the entire first season of We Are Lady Parts yesterday, it's (only) 6 30 minute episodes. Recorded it from TV nearly a year ago. Season 2 is apparently in the works, not sure when (or even where) it will air.

If you have a chance, you should give it a try. It's a British dark comedy series about a bunch of Muslim women that start a punk-rock band.

Here's a 15 minute clip

update after actually watching that clip:
it actually looks like a pilot or something, the story is very much the same as the first episode, but some of the actors and scenery are different. Not the main characters though.

If they are supposed to be punk then why are they adhering to religious law and wearing the burqa?
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2022, 02:25 PM   #3602
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
If they are supposed to be punk then why are they adhering to religious law and wearing the burqa?
hahahaha

maybe they're straight edge?

dunno
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2022, 05:53 AM   #3603
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
They probably pray more than five times a day as an act of rebellion. Take that society!
Old 12.26.2022, 06:18 PM   #3604
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
in the spirit of christmas, and to add some cheer to the bleak weather, i just finished watching CHERNOBYL

i missed it when it came out in... 2019?

truly, a perfect show for the season, hahahah!

also had another rewatch of the old classic

it's on the criterion channel now too.

every time i see it i notice something different. this time around i realized what a huge fucking manbaby the main character is. really, he's no different from all the rest of the assholes there: he's a product of the same shitty society and as broken as the rest.

-

wait that last one is not "tv" but "a movie." wtf is the difference now, anyway? same device for all.
Old 12.28.2022, 04:13 AM   #3605
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I'm watching The Traitors on BBC, something the whole family can agree on at Christmas. It's a fun programme if you can put up with the contestants who are mostly a bunch wallies.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2023, 05:45 PM   #3606
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i cancelled my hbo free trial so it was a fun 7 days but not no more.

gave THE LEFTOVERS a second chance because seeing an old lady get stoned to death was so christmassy, and i did not regret it this time around.

i got hooked for real. 3 seasons of total binge. loved some episodes, got bored by others (including the final one), but overall it was very cool. the funniest thing was that afterwards i started dreaming about the characters hahaha. i have not read the book, but i understand that much was changed for tv.

oh, also enjoyed MARE OF EASTTOWN a lot. kate winslet is fucking great. and here' a great review https://serielizados.com/mare-of-eas...-kate-winslet/

i did not get a chance to start on SUCCESSION and other stuff. maybe during the next vacation. this winter/spring is shaping up to get very busy for me.

anyway, this break was enjoyable.
Old 01.03.2023, 07:08 AM   #3607
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

gave THE LEFTOVERS a second chance because seeing an old lady get stoned to death was so christmassy, and i did not regret it this time around.

i got hooked for real. 3 seasons of total binge. loved some episodes, got bored by others (including the final one), but overall it was very cool. the funniest thing was that afterwards i started dreaming about the characters hahaha. i have not read the book, but i understand that much was changed for tv.

FINALLY! What did I bloody tell you? Great fucking show. The book kinda sucks actually. Maybe it would have sucked less if I’d read it before watching the show, but it basically only goes up to the end of season 1, and it’s kind of a plod-along about depressed people post-disaster. None of the interesting elements of the show are really present, sad to say.
But huzzah, I knew you’d like the show!!

Quote:
i did not get a chance to start on SUCCESSION and other stuff. maybe during the next vacation.

Bummer City. Cancel Netflix and get HBO instead and watch Succession because damned if it isn’t the best thing out there. Best thing since Mad Men. Better maybe. Anyhoo.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2023, 04:32 PM   #3608
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
FINALLY! What did I bloody tell you? Great fucking show. The book kinda sucks actually. Maybe it would have sucked less if I’d read it before watching the show, but it basically only goes up to the end of season 1, and it’s kind of a plod-along about depressed people post-disaster. None of the interesting elements of the show are really present, sad to say.
But huzzah, I knew you’d like the show!!

yes, hahaha, you said. might also have been an issue of timing/season that i didn't feel like watching before. northrop frye was onto something with his theories...

anyway my favorite season was the second one, with the magical realism bullshit that was so much fun for me. i did not expect this at all when things went to tejass and the hillbilly lady did the music, but it was actually okay lyrics in it (can't remember the music now), and suddenly the show was HOLY FUCK WAT. yeah... second season is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Bummer City. Cancel Netflix and get HBO instead and watch Succession because damned if it isn’t the best thing out there. Best thing since Mad Men. Better maybe. Anyhoo.

what netflix? netflix is cancelled too. not a lot left for me to watch there.

but the things is, i can't afford the *time* to engage in any kind of binge right now.

i even have an offer of 3 free months of apple tv (new device came with it) and i'm not taking them up on it hahahahaha. VADE RETRO SATANA

regularly i only have amazon (i need prime anyway) and the criterion channel (it's an annual thing).

then on amazon i get a thing called britbox that offers british shows for $7... nothing amazing, it's just regular tv minus the annoyance of regular american tv hahahaha.

so instead of "law and order criminal disease case squad unit #4 cis tijuana" you get a mellow "dci banks" who goes to the pub and likes jazz records.

so, nothing thrilling or addictive or requiring a massive commitment, but also less annoying than nbc and cbs and that sort of thing.

kind of perfect for my needs right now, except that the brits are obsessed with murder fucking mysteries, and i wish they'd find another genre to change things up a bit. but within the murder space there is a lot of variation, sorta...but again, nothing that will keep you awake all night or calling sick at work.
Old 01.11.2023, 09:48 AM   #3609
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

more eastenders, lol. where people never go anywhere else, except into the afterlife.

lots of people getting killed in these absurd plots lately, but hey, it's 30 hilarious/unwinding minutes of talk-back tv.

for a taste of the show, hahahaha, someone put together a video of "all the fights of july 2022"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOb7jXc0cyo

october: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ3u6K5FYKM

oh here's for the entire last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA742VvfHGo

looking forward to more of this

lmfao. yes yes, i'm sorta hooked.
Old 01.11.2023, 03:12 PM   #3610
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I’m watching Treason on Netflix. It’s fine air-filler for when I’m cleaning or cooking or whatever.

Also watching the last season of His Dark Materials. It’s a really accurate adaptation of the books, and I kinda can’t believe the thing actually got made because it’s SO BONKERS.

Like it starts with an orphan girl and a mysterious compass and the story of how the girl finds out who her parents are and that they’re shitty people. Then talking polar bears start fighting and portals to other worlds start opening and there’s a big war between religion and science and another big war between science bros and heaven itself and it ends with a steampunk dude and his maybe-witch-ex-lover fist-fighting an angel that stole the place of God?!?
And oh yeah there are elephants with wheels on their feet and they exist in another reality that the main girl saves by having sex. Lmao.
Like yeah the books are classics but I thought this show would die after season 1.

It’s not a GREAT show by any stretch of the imagination but good on it for … getting made? I dunno
Old 01.15.2023, 12:00 PM   #3611
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'm also watching His Dark Materials, season 3. I think I'm on episode 2 or 3, it's broadcast on BBC, so I'm not binging it.
What blew my mind even more was that the only person that can fix the knife is the polar bear who is the best blacksmith of all worlds.
How the hell can a polar bear be a blacksmith!?
Anyway, it's a nice watch.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2023, 01:43 PM   #3612
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Almost done with season 1 of TWO WEEKS TO LIVE.

I find it funny and clever.
Old 01.20.2023, 03:14 PM   #3613
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
I resumed my rewatching of Game of Thrones, so i'm a few into season 2 now.
Old 01.24.2023, 09:50 AM   #3614
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Our Flag Means Death

avast ye matey
Old 01.24.2023, 07:23 PM   #3615
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I just started season 2 of Avatar:The last airbender and I'm really liking it!
hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2023, 11:48 PM   #3616
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Our Flag Means Death

avast ye matey

Good one. yo-ho
Old 01.25.2023, 07:16 AM   #3617
Severian
invito al cielo

Rewatching season 3 of Succession. Still far and away the best thing on TV. Can’t wait for season 4, fuckin’ hell
Old 01.31.2023, 06:58 PM   #3618
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

last couple of weeks on eastenders we've been dealing with a pregnant 12 year old, lmfao. no joke!

and patsy kensit has had so much plastic surgery she looks like a burn victim. jeezus woman, let your face move a bit. natural old age can be beautiful.

so what else... i can't remember.
Old 02.03.2023, 04:40 PM   #3619
Diesel
the destroyed room

Seek help lol
Old 02.03.2023, 05:53 PM   #3620
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Seek help lol
cmon, your people are fucking hilarious man! i need subtitles to get what they are saying, but it's always some funny shit.

also, it's a great show for drinking at the end of the day--everyone in it is drinking too, constantly, without fail. the theme song should be you'll never drink alone. sorts like that liverpool chant.

and seriously, you forget your problems very quickly watching that terrible stuff. their problems are always ridiculously much, much worse than your own. and everyone in it is a criminal hahahaha. it's a great way to cease thinking about the workday.

-

see, im sitting here with a rob roy and some roasted peanuts now, ready to start this ritual. and there is whitney now, sporting a massive cold sore and kilo of makeup on her face. seeya!

eta: ok just came back to say patsy kensit was trying to sob but right now her face was too stiff from all the botox! hahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!
131171178179180 181 182183184 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth