Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page WORDS
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.27.2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Shaka Moloch
little trouble girl

Shaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's assesShaka Moloch kicks all y'all's asses
===

[...]Clearly[...]We have government by the corporation and for the corporation. Corporate money makes American Laws.
Separation of Corporation and State, a twist on "Separation of Church and State," may be what we need.
Until we have that, all laws will be made essentially by corporations and based on corporate strategies and values. -Neil Young
Shaka Moloch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
RECTIFY
To correct or amend something; To purify or refine, especially by distillation; To convert alternating current into direct current; To add water to alcoholic spirit to adjust its proof

PHLOGISTON
A hypothetical substance once believed to be present in all combustible materials and to be released during burning.

TRANSFIGURATION
1. Metamorphic power of the medium to assume bodily characteristics of deceased people for their representation.
2. The supernatural transformation of Christ on the mount as witnessed and recorded in the gospels, the event described in Mark 9:2-8, Matthew 17:1-8, and Luke 9:28-36, in which Peter, James and John saw Jesus transformed into a glowing heavenly figure and talking with Elijah and Moses.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 07:50 PM   #3
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Phlogiston > Oxygen

PROVE ME WRONG
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 09:04 PM   #4
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
deleterious- bad for the health
Old 09.27.2008, 09:21 PM   #5
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Mountebank - a fraud, phony, fake, charlatan
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2008, 06:48 PM   #6
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
A filibuster from a mountebank follows?

Consider the following passages from the Tractatus:

Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts.
Philosophy is not a body of doctrine but an activity.
A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in philosophical propositions, but rather in the clarification of propositions.
Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is to make them clear and give them sharp boundaries. . . .

It must set limits to what can be thought; and in doing so, to what cannot be thought.
It must set limits to what cannot be thought by working outwards through what can be thought.

It will signify what cannot be said, by presenting clearly what can be said.

Thus at the very beginning, Wittgenstein's definition changes the idea of "philosophy." A boundary wall is erected in the traditional subject matter of philosophy. Important things occur on both sides of the wall; but direct statements or "sayings" can reach only one side. What is on the other side can only be "signified" or "shown."

Kierkegaard saw a similar wall. The attempt to reach the other side of this wall is a constant temptation, as he notes:

The ultimate potentiation of every passion is always to will its own downfall, and so it is also the ultimate passion of the understanding to will the collision, although in one way or another the collision must become its downfall. This, then, is the ultimate paradox of thought: to want to discover something that thought itself cannot think. This passion of thought is fundamentally present everywhere in thought, also in the single individual's thought.

For both Kierkegaard and Wittgenstein, philosophy is inevitable. But another essential feature of their thinking is that the place of philosophy is limited. It can do some preliminary brush-clearing and straightening out; but when it comes to the truly essential features, another kind of thinking is just as inevitably needed. They are both dedicated to demonstrating the presence of the "wall," or the limits of perception and "rational" thought; they are also dedicated to working toward getting beyond it.

For both Kierkegaard and Wittgenstein, philosophy is inevitable. But another essential feature of their thinking is that the place of philosophy is limited.

Kierkegaard's understanding of the place of philosophy in his task may be better understood when seen in comparison with his description of the power and way of working of the ironist, from The Concept of Irony: "As the ironist does not have the new within his power, it might be asked how he destroys the old, and to this it must be answered: he destroys the given actuality by the given actuality itself." The biographical root of the method of indirect communication can be found in Kierkegaard's relation with Regina. But its philosophical antecedent is his work on Socrates. Like Socrates, he is able to demonstrate the inadequacies of philosophy by an ironic use of its own categories.

This also recalls Wittgenstein's way of working: "the work of the philosopher consists in assembling reminders ["given" in the world] for a particular purpose." Wittgenstein's projects are also under a limitation similar to Kierkegaard's. The purpose of philosophy, according to him, is to eliminate itself! Wittgenstein's usual method is to get clear about particular philosophical problems, and in so doing to show some features of philosophy in general. So his reminders may be various in their form. There may be polemical-corrective features in them; that is, if an idea is deeply entrenched, the reminders may have to be sharp beyond ordinary usage. And the reminders may also be incomplete. Wittgenstein's purpose in describing a situation or coining a term is not to give a systematically complete explanation or definition. Often he only notes the features germane to the point at hand. This arises from his task-orientation, and does not constitute a "mistake" or oversight!

For both Wittgenstein and Kierkegaard, one particular problem demanding this unusual mode of thinking and communication is the ethical dimension of life. Wittgenstein's works also include explicit consideration of another essential feature requiring this other kind of thinking: the way in which language, thinking, and understanding work.

The key to this unusual kind of thinking and representation is contained in a brief statement by Wittgenstein: "What can be shown, cannot be said." The logical and ethical dimensions are features which "show themselves" in the world; but they are not directly expressible. Kierkegaard used the term "paradox" to refer to human apprehension of such phenomena.

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/ccreegan/wk/
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2008, 07:15 PM   #7
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
what are words for when no one listens anymore?
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2008, 07:19 PM   #8
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprodr
what are words for when no one listens anymore?

so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

-The Red Wheelbarrow

by William Carlos Williams
Old 10.02.2008, 07:25 PM   #9
atari 2600
invito al cielo

e.e. cummings from is 5 (1926)

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;
wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world
my blood approves,
and kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
-the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says
we are for each other: then
laugh leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph
And death i think is no parenthesis
Old 10.02.2008, 07:31 PM   #10
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Neil Young
"Words (Between The Lines Of Age)"
Harvest, 1972

Someone and someone
were down by the pond
Looking for something
to plant in the lawn.
Out in the fields they
were turning the soil
I'm sitting here hoping
this water will boil
When I look through the windows
and out on the road
They're bringing me presents
and saying hello.

Singing words, words
between the lines of age.
Words, words

If I was a junkman
selling you cars,
Washing your windows
and shining your stars,
Thinking your mind
was my own in a dream
What would you wonder
and how would it seem?
Living in castles
a bit at a time
The King started laughing
and talking in rhyme.

Singing words, words
Words, words
Old 10.02.2008, 07:57 PM   #11
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
this thread kicks ass. like a boat shoe on the flabby white ass of a fat man that didn't buy the right trunks and exposed his fishy fat thighs to the rest of us tan and knowledgable sailors. so we (ok jarl) kicked him in the flesh. he stumbled into the boat and then we laughed and poured beer on him. then we let him up and taught him some things until we sailed into a shallow grove and then Pale Flesh said well why don't we dig out the front end, and the rest or most of us were hmmm then Luke said alright but who? So we threw Pale Flesh into the mud. He did a good job but we didn't let him back on the boat and kicked him in the face and eyes while he scrambled screaming.
Old 10.02.2008, 08:18 PM   #12
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
pre crypt non descrypt with all skeletons and semi intact skulls:

fo..foo... freoo...

sorry can't HEAR YOU DEAD MAN

froeeashhhhh ooooI gladly punch the cripple in the jaw.

Say something now fucko or yeah I'll do something mighty twenty with this

Fressssh my etew--

*crrunch*

talk now maybe it'llcome through with more clarity

gee v me

didn't i already?

giva my wateer tear waaaaat

i dunno that's why i'm asking

ssss

what's that's I'm sorry i could not decipher your words ?

tak take
Old 10.02.2008, 08:27 PM   #13
atari 2600
invito al cielo

http://msdba.blogspot.com/2007/06/todays-letters.html

Old 10.02.2008, 08:30 PM   #14
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

dreamsreal
Old 10.02.2008, 08:30 PM   #15
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

.(e)
Old 10.06.2008, 09:00 PM   #16
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, this thread is full of 'em!

^ OMG
Old 10.06.2008, 09:11 PM   #17
pbradley
invito al cielo

My clumsy ass on a particularly windy San Francisco morning?
Old 10.07.2008, 12:41 AM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
the paper chase are a decent band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth